Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the deal - we have the BFG M/T tires for weekends, camping etc.

We are looking for a more agressive looking tire (mainly the sidewall) that is best for every-day use. The main characteristic it should have is that it's fairly quiet.

Our "weekday" tires are stock Goodyear 245/65/17

I would like to go to a 265/70/17 tire for every day use.

We have had the Nitto Terra Grapplers on our Tahoe and thought they were a little too noisy. I do see they make them in P-metric sizes though. I wonder how much quieter those would be?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Love my Revo 2's. Very quiet and they actually do quite well off road.
JCIII

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went with Michelin M&S after tossing the junk Fortweras after 35K miles. Good aggressive look, wears like iron and great in snow and rain. Looked at Hankook ATMs but was advised against them because I would have to change tire size and a friend at the dealer said doing this could cause problems with the speed sensing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
MIchelin LT-X 265-65-17 Excellent black ice tire and handles all Colorado high country snow conditions. Very quiet at 40 psi. About 3% speedo error.

BCB
08 Hemi, 2" lift

·
Banned
277 Posts
I like my Firestone Destination A/Ts - very quiet, good performance

·
Registered
45 Posts
Check out the hankook dynapro atm. I put a set on my wife's liberty for the exact reasons you're looking for.
x2! I just put a set of these on my Commander in factory size and have been pleasantly surprised as to how quiet they are on asphalt. I've gotten a ton of compliments on the looks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just be done with it and get BFG A/Ts.. You'll never go back

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just be done with it and get BFG A/Ts.. You'll never go back
Had 'em. Liked them well enough. Actually liked the Terra Grapplers better. They would be a litle on the noisy side for our every day tires.

The Firestone Destinations looks like they've got some good reviews for comfort on Tirerack.com

·
Registered
45 Posts
how about nitto mud grapplers? i believe they are quiet on the roads ahha jk

·
Registered
106 Posts
i have the firestone destination A/T and they are fantastic. very little highway noise. i put them on before my flowmaster and they were quiet. then i got the FM and now all i hear is the sound of how awsome my jeep is. the tires are great in the snow and rain. the one thing about firestone is that you have to rotate every 6000 miles or they cup. but if you take care of them they will last forever. good luck!
EOD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts