Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy new CAI for 06 commander. Mainly for better gas mileage & HP. Any recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts
If you want it just for better mpg and hp you are wasting your money. You would never recoup the expense on the miniscule (if any) gains that you get.

·
Registered
321 Posts
He would regain his money it would just be a heck of a long time lol. It also depends on where you order it. I have a 06 4.7 with the k&n intake and I love it. Better gas mileage (1 mpg) and more horsepower. I have a 4 inch lift with 33's with iridium plugs, superchip a performance tune, k&n, Gibson exhaust and synthetic oil and I constantly get 14-15 mpg in the city and 8.9 0-60!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have the K&N with the 3.7l and honestly, if you go with this one, get the "dry charger" cover to prevent water from entering the engine. Its fully exposed up front and underneath allowing rain and snow into the engine, and we get lots of precip here in the burg. I even prefabbed a piece of metal and attached up front to keep the elements out. I got the chrome model, 77 series, so it looks very cool. Little to no gains in mpg but a little better response, i think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts