Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone could identify the wiring harness that’s dangling below my engine. I noticed it the other day and didn’t have time to trace it down, so I told the wife not to drive it until I could figure it out. It’s a couple wires (three wires I believe - at least one being green) appearing to come from towards the front of the engine. I’ll get under it tomorrow and do some more investigation.

Thanks for any info!

·
Administrator
15,619 Posts
Just curious if anyone could identify the wiring harness that’s dangling below my engine. I noticed it the other day and didn’t have time to trace it down, so I told the wife not to drive it until I could figure it out. It’s a couple wires (three wires I believe - at least one being green) appearing to come from towards the front of the engine. I’ll get under it tomorrow and do some more investigation.
Thanks for any info!
@GoDukes! I can't see it that well in that small photo but it looks like a regular household alternating current plug. If so, that might be for a block heater. If not, I have no clue.

·
Registered
3 Posts

View attachment 41929
Thanks for any info!
Looks like front diff sensor..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@GoDukes! I can't see it that well in that photo but it looks like a regular household alternating current plug. If so, that might be for a block heater. If not, I have no clue.

I updated the photo with a slightly larger one. Definitely not a household plug, a harness or some sort. I’ll get some better photos tomorrow if I can’t figure it out.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
730 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
View attachment 41932

Thanks for any info!
It plugs into the top of the front diff

·
Administrator
15,619 Posts
Yep, front diff sensor. Not sure it’s going to hold, I may have to splice in a new harness.

Thanks for the feedback!
You weren't getting any codes or having any drivability problems?

·
Registered
33 Posts
My front dif connector broke, and I drove with it for thousands of miles. Only found it out when the FDCM gave a code for the front differential when I tried to shift into 4LO.

·
Registered
48 Posts
View attachment 41932

Thanks for any info!
It could be a connector to the power for your windshield washer fluid pump or to a non existent fog light?

·
Administrator
15,619 Posts
It could be a connector to the power for your windshield washer fluid pump or to a non existent fog light?
@bagsy Please read a thread before posting a comment. The solution has already been found.

Reactions: G_unitXK
1 - 13 of 13 Posts