Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum - looking for information regarding anyone knowing if the install of a new battery would wipe out all music stored in audio harddrive and also the capability of future downloading to harddrive. Battery went dead, got a jump, went directly to the dealer, listening to tunes on HHD on the way. New battery is installed, start the car and the harddrive on the radio is wiped out with no capacity to download at all now. Dealer says my harddrive went bad the same time the battery went bad. I say non-sense - I was listening to HHD when I drove in. This is the biggest coinicidence ever if true. Anyone know of a reset, or what might have happened in the bowels of the shop to wipe out my music and future downloading? Any fixes? 2008 w/Bose/NAV system. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
As far as I know nobody else here has had your problem. But it might be a possibility that there was some sort of power surge that damaged your unit when they changed the battery. Just a guess, I really don't know.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
I had my hard drive crash about a month ago. I think they actually replace the whole unit but it was under warranty. That is terrible. I think if it weren't under warranty I would take mine apart and see if it is a 2.5" HDD (the most likely kind). They are very common for laptops. I am wondering if the 100 deg weather throughout the country could be increasing the failure incidence. Just speculation.

Mine wiped out music, the GPS database, etc. I am wondering if the 100 deg weather throughout the country could be increasing the failure incidence. Just speculation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts