Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the years we have lost a few things in the 2nd row seatbelt slots between the seats. Nothing of any real consequence. Last week my Ipod Shuffle fell out of my bag and went down into the slot. I have shoved my hand down there even used a wire hanger, but I think I've only pushed it further into the abyss. Can anyone tell me if they have found and easy way to get the 2nd row seat detached enough to tilt it up to reach under it? I know there are 8 bolts, I dont have an an impact wrench. If I cannot do it, what would a dealer charge me?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Where is this black hole? Can you post a picture? Most areas should be pretty accessible by just flipping/folding the seats up, or removing some plastic trim. I won't lie, the second row is hard to get out, even with only 6 bolts holding it in. I would probably buy a new iPod (shuffle) over repeating that labour.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The 2nd row seats can tumble forward and be folded in an upright position.

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
psycho - how do they tumble forward? I do see the spring along the front of the seats. I had assumed these were for the seat backs. You are saying the seats tumble forward? I never knew. I will have to look in the owners manual.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am an idiot

The damn seats do tumble forward. I found my Ipod and my son's Nintendo DS Toy Story 3 game! I've owned my Commander since 2006 and I've never know the seats could do this - never had a reason. I obsessed on this all weekend, was close to unbolting the seats from the floor.
Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts