Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 Commander's shocks have never been replaced and I have been noticing some ride issues. I also have been towing my new camper and noticed some fairly significant bouncing coming from the rear end. I figured while I was replacing the shocks/struts I might as well see if I can help my tow bounce. I have been reading through these forums and most of what I am finding is relating to lifts. I am not looking to lift my jeep but I am not against it either. Bottom line what are my options for front and rear shocks/struts with load balancing?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I would get the Monroe load levelers, it has springs built in to help the load.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Bilstein HD for no lift, or the 5100 series if you want to level it out. .75 setting brings it up a click. Thats what i have.

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have the Munroe load levelers now for about 60K miles. No issues and I drive off-road frequently. I also tow a toy hauler frequently and the shocks work great.

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
I have the Munroe load levelers now for about 60K miles. No issues and I drive off-road frequently. I also tow a toy hauler frequently and the shocks work great.
That's the first positive review I've heard of about the Monroe's in the year I've been here.

As I said, most here that have had them reported that they don't last or perform that well and replaced them with Bilsteins or Ranchos.

Glad they are working well for you bd.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I know you mentioned you dont want to do a lift, but OME/ARB Springs are meant for heavier loads, the 2" lift is just a byproduct of the stiffer springs. I have the ome HD springs in my xk, and it rides like it should have from the factory. I always felt the ride was too spongy before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts