Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm having some problems with my 2006 Commander, 125k miles. Having p0300 multiple misfire on 3.7 v6 engine and a loud whining noise (bought like that). At first thought that noise is coming from pulley, so I started dealing with misfire. Replaced sparkplugs and coils, didn't helped. Then I noticed that this whining noise coming from throttle body, like loud sucking noise. Replaced the throttle body and gasket, but still it didn't helped. Here's the video. Any ideas what's the problem?
Here's Youtube link

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone interested - came out to be no compression on cylinder 2, so the engine was trying to compensate not working cylinder by sucking more air and giving more fuel. Apparently piston valve got stuck or broken, so I'll be removing the head.

·
Administrator
2006 Limited 5.7 HEMI Quadra-Drive II
15,699 Posts
If anyone interested - came out to be no compression on cylinder 2, so the engine was trying to compensate not working cylinder by sucking more air and giving more fuel. Apparently piston valve got stuck or broken, so I'll be removing the head.
@Dany03 Glad you found out what the problem was and can move on to getting it fixed. Let us know how it goes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts