Jeep Commander Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
7,347 Posts
Well got the jeep back and she is running better than ever! Knock on wood it lasts! So they tried to sell a new water pump (which has nothing to do with the 4wd) and a new transfer case. I brought it in to have them reprogram the fdcm under the recall and they were dead set on that was not the issue. After a long drawn out broken record of telling them to reprogram it... oMG the service 4wd is gone along with transmission over temp. Seriously mechanic know it all!! They still claim that wasn't the issue and wouldn't show me any codes that were coming up after it was reprogrammed and claim they didn't change. pretty sure they did cause all warning lights are gone and she is alive again! Like I said love hate relationship and right now I'm loving her! So I will still submit the $400 bill to them under that recall and hopefully they will cover it but with everything I've gone through I highly doubt Chrysler will do anything! Fingers crossed and trying to stay positive.
@Jenjenvan;

I'm glad your service 4WD system & transmission overtemp lights are out.

However, As I have stated to you a few times now, you need to shift your Commander into & out of 4-LOW.

If you can shift into & out of 4- LOW successfully, without the service 4WD system light coming back on again, you know your problem is solved.

·
Registered
2006 Jeep commander limited 5.7L Hemi
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I doubt it since they can't even diagnose it right and just want to play the "sell you parts" game. Plus the dealer will probably have your car for no less than 2 weeks at a time. It's the most frustrating thing ever! Between the dealership and the recall/customer service it's a complete joke! I hope no other person has to go through it, but we all know there are many of us in the same boat. Chrysler is no help at all, they just would like all this to go away and forget about the MANY people with commanders and the continued problems that all point to these stupid pcm's and fdcm's software problems.

·
Registered
2006 Jeep commander limited 5.7L Hemi
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
@Jenjenvan;

I'm glad your service 4WD system & transmission overtemp lights are out.

However, As I have stated to you a few times now, you need to shift your Commander into & out of 4-LOW.

If you can shift into & out of 4- LOW successfully, without the service 4WD system light coming back on again, you know your problem is solved.
Oh I know but I'm going to wait since I'm enjoying the fact that for the 1st time I have no codes, no warning lights and she is running so awesome it just makes me smile and chuckle passing someone and saying "hemi" . If anyone going through all these problems similar to mine finally gets there car back with everything running like it should, I think they to would enjoy the moment while it lasts like me. Plus need time to save up $ for the next problem she decides to have, lol!

·
Administrator
7,347 Posts
Oh I know but I'm going to wait since I'm enjoying the fact that for the 1st time I have no codes, no warning lights and she is running so awesome it just makes me smile and chuckle passing someone and saying "hemi" . If anyone going through all these problems similar to mine finally gets there car back with everything running like it should, I think they to would enjoy the moment while it lasts like me. Plus need time to save up $ for the next problem she decides to have, lol!
O.K. I digress.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts