Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the low beam bulb but I can't locate it.
I am not talking about the high beam bulb which you can access from the hood.

Anybody knows where it's located?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Is that a joke?
You can reach both from under the hood once you take the little beauty cover shroud off the top of the rad support.
Its right above the high beam bulb, so its even a bit easier to get to than the high beams.
Heres the assemblies removed, so you can see what im talking about.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The light above the high beam bulb I can access easily as you said

The one I am asking about, is the bulb with the yellow light in the image
Not the blue bulb, the other small one

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well thats interesting. That bulb doesnt exist on my 06, must be an overseas/Euro option. I cant see how youd get to that one withoit pulling the assy, but if you have skinny arms, you might be able to reach from below.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The TOP bulb is the low beam. The bottom bulb is the high beam.
Note that there is another bulb pointing up, from the bottom of the high beam reflector bucket. I believe that is the bulb in question. Its really just an extra marker bulb, probably #194.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think you should be able to reach from the wheel arch. Turn the front wheels left or right depending on which side, open a plastic panel on the inside front of the wheel arch (the Australian models have them and hoping yours does too). You can access the fog lights from here and also just reach to the bottom of the high beam bulb as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well thats interesting. That bulb doesnt exist on my 06, must be an overseas/Euro option. I cant see how youd get to that one withoit pulling the assy, but if you have skinny arms, you might be able to reach from below.
After some research, I found out it's not exist in the US specs. Mine is Australian.
I will go soon to change the spark plugs, will ask the guys in the workshop to have a look below and see if there are an access.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think you should be able to reach from the wheel arch. Turn the front wheels left or right depending on which side, open a plastic panel on the inside front of the wheel arch (the Australian models have them and hoping yours does too). You can access the fog lights from here and also just reach to the bottom of the high beam bulb as well.
I tried, but no luck. Only fog lights are there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts