Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello im missing my spare tire , would this cause the spare warning to be on all the time ?

thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
sure would, mine doesn't fit underneath anymore and my low spare warning is constantly on even with the spare in the roof basket.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I replaced the sensor in the spare and had the tire looked over. The warning was off for a few days and just came back. Dealership will have to fix for me.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Trail8, Maybe you could get a spare sensor off ebay. Then a small tire like a wheel barrow tire or a hand truck tire. Then stick it under the truck. Maybe the dealer can deactivate it somehow.

·
Registered
46 Posts
thats a good idea I still have a stock wheel and tire from a stock commander... Ill be having a useless spare under my jeep soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so just buy a new sensor from ebay and get a new tire will fix the problem well not problem but will it erase the warning ?

thank you all

·
Registered
696 Posts
I am hoping there is a way to deactivate it, I have same problem, and if putting spare back on, on the roof doesnt work like stated, this sucks

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have mine on my roof and it doesn't go on??? Maybe you can reset it with an obd code scanner. I got a cheap one for 25 bucks, comes in handy when that check engine light comes on.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well maybe i just have a broken or bad sensor on my roof basket spare, if it works for others... Im gonna have to check that out too because that would be nice to not have extra weight in back just for a sensor

·
Registered
275 Posts
works in my roof basket.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Thanks for the roof basket answers!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
This might be a model year variant, but I have my spare on the roof and no warning. But I also left it at home for a few days and no warning. I also do a five tire rotation and have TMPS in each of the 5 tires. So I either have no spare tire monitor or it is broke.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Superchips flashpaq 3875..

The Flashpaq has a feature that allows you to disable the TPMS. I havent used it yet myself. But it is an option in the advanced features tab. I know it is kind of expensive. But you get extra bennies too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts