Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Commander Limited Hemi 2wd
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upon taking a closer look at the gorgeous design of this beast, it seems to me that the face of the Jeep can be improved.
The lower portion of the bumper with the opening for the a/c condenser could use some sort of grille. My biggest concern is getting some sort of damage on the condenser and the radiator if I may say so, while driving on the interstate behind a semi. Call it paranoia but I like to have peace of mind specially when the nearest town is 100 miles away.

Anyhow I’ve tried to search for something like this and could not come up with any results. I have not found one manufactured either.
So I’m thinking about making my own.

Any ideas, prior experiences, pics, etc feel welcomed to pitch my way.

·
Registered
2006 4.7L
75 Posts
Upon taking a closer look at the gorgeous design of this beast, it seems to me that the face of the Jeep can be improved.
The lower portion of the bumper with the opening for the a/c condenser could use some sort of grille. My biggest concern is getting some sort of damage on the condenser and the radiator if I may say so, while driving on the interstate behind a semi. Call it paranoia but I like to have peace of mind specially when the nearest town is 100 miles away.

Anyhow I’ve tried to search for something like this and could not come up with any results. I have not found one manufactured either.
So I’m thinking about making my own.

Any ideas, prior experiences, pics, etc feel welcomed to pitch my way.
If your handy, maybe a Commander grill insert trimmed down to fit the space?
Carry the look below and above the bumper.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,880 Posts
Definitely following, sounds like a great addition. How about a look like the grill of a 1954 Corvette?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,880 Posts
That opening is about 33" by 3" - not a lot of room for anything?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts