Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone else has done this. Searched for it and didn't find anything.

I used a JK lower switch panel to mount switches in my commander. I have an 07 sport so no sun roof. Installed 4 switches 2 for seat heaters, 1 for oem fog lights i added, and 1 for my PIAA lights. I didn't think about taking photos of the whole install untill I was almost finished. Cut about an 1 1/4 off each end of the panel. Left it tight enough to just slide into overhead opening above mirror without any fasteners. Here are a few photos one before switches and two of the finished install.

Attachments

·
Registered
696 Posts
That may be the best switch panel I have seen.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Excellent job! How did you hold it in place? :icon_confused:

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent job! How did you hold it in place? :icon_confused:
The lower jk panel was about 8" wide when I bought it. The overhead opening is about 5 1/4" I just trimmed it little by little till it slid in tight. So only the pressure from the tight fit is holding it in place. Haven't had it move on me yet. I just figured if it ever does I'll just use a few drops of glue to hold it.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
That is a Daystar switch panel isnt it? With Daystar switches?
I put one in my ZJ. Those are very nice, rugged switches. Bright colors
for the indicators. A little pricey but worth it.

I bought mine HERE

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats really clever. is it like sturdy though? like can you use force to push it and have it actually stay still?
Yes it is about 1/4" thick so I was able to push it in without it bending. It also has two studs on the back that I imagine are to clip it into a JK that help keep it from sliding back. So you need to pull it down then out.

cico7.
Yes that is the Daystar lower JK panel with Daystar switches my brother thinks they are to bright but they don't bother me. Think I just got used to them.

I need to photograph my commander and start a garage thread for myself.
Matrix with hoop and front skid. 2" daystar lift. Duratracs (still trying to get rubbing to stop). Third row removed with storage box. WetOkale seatcovers. PIAA 520's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts