Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 06 Commander. I want to level it by lowering the rear to match the front. What do I need to do this?

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
Raise the front!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Well there are dropped springs available. I know Mopar makes a set... I would not cut the stock springs.

Alternatively you would raise the front.

The most inexpensive way to do that is with rustys strut plates:
http://www.rustysoffroad.com/rustys-spacers-strut-plates-xk-wk.html

Bilstein 5100 struts allow .75-1.5-2" adjustments to the front as well, but are hard to find due to being highly sought after, and cost in the $200 range for a pair.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Then only install the rear springs :stickpoke:

Really aren't any options. If you don't want to buy all 4 and install just the rear, then start making phone calls and see if anyone will sell just the rears. Don't want to do that? Then cut your current coils and call it a day.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Then only install the rear springs :stickpoke:

Really aren't any options. If you don't want to buy all 4 and install just the rear, then start making phone calls and see if anyone will sell just the rears. Don't want to do that? Then cut your current coils and call it a day.
Pretty much that.

Cut a coil off. Drive it around a bit and see how it sits/rides. Need more? Cut another coil off.

Not too much aftermarket for these vehicles for lowering kits, and even if there were there isn't much that goes into dropping them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cutting springs is not an option. if I go with the eibach springs and only put the rear ones in, will the stance be level?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Measure from the top of your fender opening to the middle of your center cap both front and rear and determine how much drop the back needs. It sometimes varies a good bit between vehicles. Looks like the Eibach claims to lower 1.2" so you can determine if that's going to be enough for you. Should at least get rid of the ass-in-the-air look they have stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts