Jeep Commander Forum banner

Lowering Springs/Coilovers

18K views 29 replies 7 participants last post by  Big Blue 
#1 ·
Good Afternoon All,

Have searched without luck. Will Eibach lowering springs for a WK fit the XK Commander? I see one user on Car Domain who "states" Eibach springs. Want to lower mine more than what the H&R springs offer. Would love coilovers. Would the BC coilovers for the WK SRT8 fit the Commander? Attached pics are of the coilovers I mentioned and the Commander lowered on Eibach springs per this guy. Eibachs website does not show springs for a Commander. Last pic is my current setup...2" Amazon spacer lift and 265/70 17" Firestone Destination MT2 tires. I want to slam it and install 20" SRT 5 spoke replica wheels. Plan to install comp cams, headers and tune in the future as well. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The Eibachs for the XK/WK are interchangeable and will lower the Jeep to about SRT8 Jeep height. The Eibachs for the SRT8 Jeep will go a step further. Yes, those BC Racing coilovers will fit just fine, factory SRT8 struts and shocks will also fit fine.

I have the SRT8 Eibachs and struts/shocks.

Jeep in mind, bumpstop replacement or modifications may be required.

Attachments

#3 ·
Thanks for the info! Your Commander looks good. What size wheels are those? I've always liked lowering vehicles so there is not any wheel well gap. Would going with the BC coilovers pose a problem since the Commander wheel well has an odd square shape? Just picking your brain since you are already lowered.

#4 ·
Good Afternoon All,

Have searched without luck. Will Eibach lowering springs for a WK fit the XK Commander? I see one user on Car Domain who "states" Eibach springs. Want to lower mine more than what the H&R springs offer. Would love coilovers. Would the BC coilovers for the WK SRT8 fit the Commander? Attached pics are of the coilovers I mentioned and the Commander lowered on Eibach springs per this guy. Eibachs website does not show springs for a Commander. Last pic is my current setup...2" Amazon spacer lift and 265/70 17" Firestone Destination MT2 tires. I want to slam it and install 20" SRT 5 spoke replica wheels. Plan to install comp cams, headers and tune in the future as well. Thanks everyone.[/QUO

Ive got a set of eibach's on my commander running 255/60/18 Toyos. :smile2:

#5 ·
Good Afternoon All,

Have searched without luck. Will Eibach lowering springs for a WK fit the XK Commander? I see one user on Car Domain who "states" Eibach springs. Want to lower mine more than what the H&R springs offer. Would love coilovers. Would the BC coilovers for the WK SRT8 fit the Commander? Attached pics are of the coilovers I mentioned and the Commander lowered on Eibach springs per this guy. Eibachs website does not show springs for a Commander. Last pic is my current setup...2" Amazon spacer lift and 265/70 17" Firestone Destination MT2 tires. I want to slam it and install 20" SRT 5 spoke replica wheels. Plan to install comp cams, headers and tune in the future as well. Thanks everyone.[/QUO

Ive got a set of eibach's on my commander running 255/60/18 Toyos. /forums/images/JeepCommander_2016/smilies/tango_face_smile.png
Do you have the Eibachs for the SRT or standard Grand Cherokee? Pics?

#10 ·
Well they make those same 5 spoke reps in 22s, a lot of WK2 guys run them and since they're reps and not OEM, they're super cheap.

Attachments

#13 ·
Not bad actually. I have to slow for speed bumps now (vice jumping the speed bumps like I used to do) but that's mainly because I didn't modify or replace my rear bumpstops. I've got a plan going forward to just replace my rears with bags, and it'll set me back only about $150-175 for a bare minimum Schrader valves setup. But that's also because I already have the bags. I'm not going into my suspension components again unless I either have to or I'm doing worth while modifications, so that's that. But I actually had the 35 sidewalls before I removed the factory springs AND a 2" lift, and the ride was good. The vehicle even felt LOADS more responsive on the road, I was really surprised.

I'll take a picture later of my clearances, but even with the Jeep lowered 3-4" from stock, I've got no rubbing, and you might even be able to fit a 40 ratio sidewall on a 265 wide. Easily if you do the pinch weld mod.

#14 ·
Cool. Good info. Airbags would be sick. My dad has a 2012 370Z with a custom air ride setup and it is sweet. Was very expensive though. If I did 22's I would want to do 265/40 tires and for 20's I would run 255/50 series. Sounds like with either, you are thinking I would need to do the pinch weld mod/smash...right now with 265/70 MT's and a 2" lift I do scrub at full lock. Have you done the pinch weld mod?

#17 ·
Yeah 40 series would def be a tight fit. I will have to look at a calculator and see the difference between a 265/35 22 and 255/50 20 in overall diameter...just in case I go 20's. Appreciate the pics man. Found a set of SRT Eibachs on eBay that are open box. Trying to get those for a good price. What would I need to do with the bump stops to make everything good from that perspective? Looks like the Eibachs come with bump stops in the kit on eBay.

Attachments

#19 ·
It's not full lock, but I think I actually have more space at full lock if I remember correctly.
Yeah 40 series would def be a tight fit. I will have to look at a calculator and see the difference between a 265/35 22 and 255/50 20 in overall diameter...just in case I go 20's. Appreciate the pics man. Found a set of SRT Eibachs on eBay that are open box. Trying to get those for a good price. What would I need to do with the bump stops to make everything good from that perspective? Looks like the Eibachs come with bump stops in the kit on eBay.
So that's pretty much what a new kit costs anyway, yea so the origin Eibachs didn't come with new bumpstops, but they do now. You just pull the old ones out and put the new ones in. You're gonna want the SRT OEM Bilsteins though, unless you want to fork out the money for the stage 6 adjustable rear shocks. Commander stock shocks will just bottom out.

This is a good reference for suspension stuffs, it's a WK thread, but it all pretty much applies to the commander:
http://jeepgarage.org/f185/the-comp...erokee-suspension-thread-525.html#/topics/525
Awesome. Good info and thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.