Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I post a fair bit in here when I'm doing something to my wife's commander. She reads it sometimes, but never posts. Still...this is her car, so her name should be in the thread title. And since we don't have a garage, just a gravel driveway.....you get the picture.

here's my favorite picture of it so far:

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Nice pic, Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Thats one really nice looking Commander. I think i could use a roof rack like that!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
great to see your wife enjoys the mods done to her commander. nice job.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

there's a real pic of jinx....

mods:

in order of installation:

Spidertrax 1.25" spacers

short little antenna

rocky road 2.25" spacer lift (rear bushing split and have been replaced)

rear hydro shocks came with the lift

modified snorkel cover

mopar vent visors

Bilstein high pressure front struts

American racing "fuel" wheels

BFG MT/r 255/75/17 (do your selves a favor and stick with tires UNDER 32" with this lift!)

Yakima Mega warrior rack with extension

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
after the lift:

during the road warrior phase:
(this was fleeting)

fresh from the car wash after the wheels and tires:
(I actually get wood over this picture)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I am a little confused.....................do you'll live in Penn or NC? Or or ya'll from Penn and now live in NC?

Great pictures and nice looking Jeep

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any chance you would want to part with them? :)
I have them for sale on consignment at the jeep shop near me for $200/set.

If you want them for your commander, I'd caution you that the bolt surface is too wide to mount up without spacers, and they are 0 offset, so they stick out a good bit when you do that( you might get away with a narrow spacer ...like 1/2" or 3/4"). The wheels sticking out so far causes rubbing on the stock flares if you only have the 2 inch lift. If you have a 4" lift and don't mind them sticking out about 2" past the factory flare with 1.5" spacers on....then hey!

the 5/5 pattern will also fit a JK, so I was hoping that he might find a buyer sooner than i could.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Jim,

Do you have the stock satellite radio in your XK? If so, do you have any issues with your megawarrior rack and satellite reception? Thanks in advance!

Slainte'
O'C

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Do you have the stock satellite radio in your XK? If so, do you have any issues with your megawarrior rack and satellite reception? Thanks in advance!

Slainte'
O'C
I have the same setup and as long as the rear cross bars is not over the antenia the reception is perfect.

·
Registered
178 Posts
49, Thanks for the answer! When is the next Phoenix crew get together? I've made it safely to Sierra Vista. I apologize for getting off topic.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts