Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, just wanted to give you a quick peek into my garage.

This is my stock 2008 XK, love this Jeep:

Added the OEM tow hitch and 7 pin wiring:

(pic lost)

Installed OEM fog lights and stalk:

(pic lost)

My XK baring it all in order to install the stud plates to hold the 4xGuard Matrix, my XK did not have tow hooks:

Finally mounted my 4xGuard Matrix with black bow shackles (you can't really see them in this pic though):

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
XK and Liberty side by side. The Liberty is my sister's:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Attempting to install RC 2" lift kit... FAIL! Tried all sorts of hammers including one that is not picture and still the lower strut bolt didn't budge:

Commander after 2" lift install. There's a Commander at work that always parks close to mine, maybe after he sees the difference he won't park as close anymore lol:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My XK (pre-lift) towing a 6x12 trailer with about a total of 2,500 pounds of weight. Pulled that sucker without a problem; V6, mind you.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looks good, I see a ton of Commanders throughout the city/state, but never another lifted. Yesterday coming back from my place downstate, i passed one up in a small town my father grew up in, looked goog also, lifted, brush guard on the front.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good, I see a ton of Commanders throughout the city/state, but never another lifted. Yesterday coming back from my place downstate, i passed one up in a small town my father grew up in, looked goog also, lifted, brush guard on the front.
Thanks 8ball. I see quite a few around here too and I've only seen one that was lifted around the Joliet/Bolingbrook area, it was one the same color as yours, was it you? lol It looked like an asian guy driving it. All the other XKs I've seen are not mod-ed with the exception of 1, he dropped it and added bigger wheels with smaller tires, not really my cup of tea.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Looks really good lifted! Great pics, thanks for sharing! Have your sister take her Liberty out to Attica lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nope wasn't me, although when I've had a few pops in my my eyes get kinda squinty.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks really good lifted! Great pics, thanks for sharing! Have your sister take her Liberty out to Attica lol
Thanks Pete. I did mention it to her but she didn't seem to show any interest in it lol.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Very Sharp looking Commander, Oscar.
I have not seen too many white ones that I have liked, but yours is turning out great.
Keep it up, bro.
PS: Where did you get the fogs w/stalk from?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very Sharp looking Commander, Oscar.
I have not seen too many white ones that I have liked, but yours is turning out great.
Keep it up, bro.
PS: Where did you get the fogs w/stalk from?
I've always liked the way white looked on trucks and SUVs so when I was looking for a Commander I knew that's what i wanted to go with, white with a black interior. The first thing my friends and family said when they saw my Jeep was "why white?" lol My response was always, why not? Thanks for the comment.

I got the fog lights and stalk from www.leeparts.com , they come together in a kit. They are very easy to install but the only thing is that you'll have to take your XK to the dealer to have them enable the fog lights with a Starscan tool.

·
Registered
10 Posts
love that 4xGuard Matrix Guard

dude thats an awesome lo0king ride. now i see that you have those d-rings on your 4xGuard Matrix Guard are they as strong as the factory front tow hooks?oh oh and was it difficult to install

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dude thats an awesome lo0king ride. now i see that you have those d-rings on your 4xGuard Matrix Guard are they as strong as the factory front tow hooks?oh oh and was it difficult to install
Thanks! They are very strong, just as strong as the factory tow hooks if not stronger. The install was pretty easy.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I completed the Matrix system with the grill hoop kit and added PIAA 510 ATP aux lights.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I like what you have done ! Looks Good.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a blue one in the bolingbrook area but don't have it lifted and im not asian.... Probably not me

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Sorry to drag up an old post. New to the forum. I've a 2007 3.7L Commander that I've been thinking about converting to towing capabilities. I like the OEM tow hitch and 7-pin wiring conversion you did. Did you need to improve on the transmission cooling system over stock for towing? Thanks for your help.
Darrell

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi,
Sorry to drag up an old post. New to the forum. I've a 2007 3.7L Commander that I've been thinking about converting to towing capabilities. I like the OEM tow hitch and 7-pin wiring conversion you did. Did you need to improve on the transmission cooling system over stock for towing? Thanks for your help.
Darrell
Hey there, sorry for the late reply- no I didn't do any further modifications for towing since I wasn't planning on towing anything greater than 3.5k pounds. I do like having the option of the 7 pin wiring, especially since it includes constant power, good for future projects (eg. camping trailer).

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just to update my garage- I recently added new Bilstein HD struts in front, changed to lower ball joints, and replaced the upper control arms with JeepinbyAl's UCAs. The ride is so much better and accurate and now the alignment is back to within factory specs. Turning and handling has improved as well so overall I'm very happy with the new suspension.

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Very cool! This guy right here is having Jeep Envy

1 - 20 of 53 Posts