Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this guy I work with saw my Jeep, came up to me and said: "What's that you drive?" I told him it was a Jeep Commander. He said, "That looks like a luxury vehicle, you must have a lot of money."

In the expert car reviews, it's split down the middle. Some say it's a luxury vehicle, some say it isn't. I say it is a luxury vehicle. What do you think?

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I guess it depends on how it is equipped. I consider my all-options Limited a luxury vehicle.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Yeah, I consider my optioned up Limited a luxury vehicle too... with the navigation, saddle leather, DVD, auto lights, auto dim mirrors, auto wipers etc... it certainly is the most luxurious car I have owned.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Define the word "Luxury"

Is there a price tag on "Luxury"?

Is the Commander "Luxury" to you? If yes, then its "A Luxury SUV"

In my eyes there's no such thing as a luxury SUV, its just some cost more than others.

My two cents.....:)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Let's see... it's about $40 grand new.

You can go 4-wheeling in plush heated leather seats while listening to MP3's or satellite radio on a Boston Acoustics system. And you can very clearly hear that sound system because the Commander is all but totally isolated from outside noise.

You have power adjustable gas and brake pedals, windows, door locks, mirrors, and power seats on the passenger side as well as the driver’s.

You have windshield wipers that wipe by themselves when the windshield is wet, headlights that turn on when it gets dark, and headlights that automatically switch to high beams when there are no cars coming, and low when they are.

You have touch screen GPS navigation, and if the options are installed, entertainment systems in the back seats, and those rear seats, of course, have their own A/C and heating system complete with separate temperature controls.

The mirrors are automatic dimming, including the outside mirror if that option is installed.

The rear glass opens with a push button on the remote. And… that same remote contains a button for remote engine starting if it has that option.

The commander has no less than three sunroofs. (Who else has that?!?)

Boy, I don’t know. If the Commander isn’t a luxury vehicle, it’s only about one millimeter away from being one. :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
When I was considering what to buy, the young guy buried deep in me wanted a powerful car with lots of horsepower, the practical guy in me wanted a 4x4, and the old man part of me wanted luxury. So instead of buying 3 vehicles, I got it all in the Commander, 330 HP, 4x4 QDII and Limited leather, Nav, DVD etc etc.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Let's see... it's about $40 grand new.

You can go 4-wheeling in plush heated leather seats while listening to MP3's or satellite radio on a Boston Acoustics system. And you can very clearly hear that sound system because the Commander is all but totally isolated from outside noise.

You have power adjustable gas and brake pedals, windows, door locks, mirrors, and power seats on the passenger side as well as the driver’s.

You have windshield wipers that wipe by themselves when the windshield is wet, headlights that turn on when it gets dark, and headlights that automatically switch to high beams when there are no cars coming, and low when they are.

You have touch screen GPS navigation, and if the options are installed, entertainment systems in the back seats, and those rear seats, of course, have their own A/C and heating system complete with separate temperature controls.

The mirrors are automatic dimming, including the outside mirror if that option is installed.

The rear glass opens with a push button on the remote. And… that same remote contains a button for remote engine starting if it has that option.

The commander has no less than three sunroofs. (Who else has that?!?)

Boy, I don’t know. If the Commander isn’t a luxury vehicle, it’s only about one millimeter away from being one. :D :D :D
^^^ What he said! ^^^

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I'm with UK, if I was going to define luxury in a vehicle it would be one that comes with a driver.
Mine came with a driver......ME!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
When I was considering what to buy, the young guy buried deep in me wanted a powerful car with lots of horsepower, the practical guy in me wanted a 4x4, and the old man part of me wanted luxury. So instead of buying 3 vehicles, I got it all in the Commander, 330 HP, 4x4 QDII and Limited leather, Nav, DVD etc etc.
Nope, 49erfan, this one says it better. This is a great quote.

My wife said, however, "If it was a luxury vehicle it would WASH itself!"

(she has to take it to the self-wash tomorrow, unless it rains.)

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Mine is luxury to me.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Mine surrounds me with total luxury.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Luxury for me is being 6'5" and comfortable in a vehicle. Absolute luxury compared to my Jetta.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ha ha, no I needed a picture so I found something I thought funny. I could be that guy in a few years if I keep expanding at my current rate! I take it you don't look like Clint Eastwood either.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
^needs a dictionary.

EDIT: ooops ! wrong thread !

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts