Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a thread about this a few months back. I think the 4.7L badge is only avail in Europe or something. I liked the idea and decided to try it myself. I got the numbers/letters from Autozone .99 each, used one of those stick on laser levels. Took about 20 minutes. I like the outcome, just hope they dont fly off in the car wash.

What do you guys think of it?? My first MOD!

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Looks good.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Very nice !

·
Registered
542 Posts
Looks good but, I think the "Dot" should be smaller. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Looks good! I agree about the dot too but overall looks very factory-like. I like your hitch step/rear guard too, I always wondered what one of those would look like on a Commander.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
That's thinking out of the box! Great job.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks good but, I think the "Dot" should be smaller. Just my $0.02.
Funny.. that was the one thing that i wasnt crazy about either. I was thinking of hacking away at the dot to make it smaller but once i got it on the truck it looked better than i thought it would..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like your hitch step/rear guard too, I always wondered what one of those would look like on a Commander.
The hitch step is great. I like the way it looks and its functional, it gives my 4 year old a leg up to hop into the third row from back of the truck. I got it at PEP Boys.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
I saw a thread about this a few months back. I think the 4.7L badge is only avail in Europe or something.
You are correct, in that it is only available the the European Commander (XH), but the badge itself is made in the US. However, you can't purchase it in the US. So, mine traveled from the US, to Europe, to Saudi Arabia, back to Maryland and finally to Indiana. It has more miles on it than my Commander! :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
You are correct, in that it is only available the the European Commander (XH), but the badge itself is made in the US. However, you can't purchase it in the US. So, mine traveled from the US, to Europe, to Saudi Arabia, back to Maryland and finally to Indiana. It has more miles on it than my Commander! :eek:rangehat:
Man, that's insane!!! And how much did it cost???

BTW, OP, badge looks really nice, and the step looks like something I could use!!!:banana_hitit:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts