Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any other running boards to choose from?

Hello Im new to the Commander, I've been looking for some running boards, but I haven't seen any on the commander yet. Any owners have a set they want to show off. I want to see how low they hang down.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Re: Any other running boards to choose from?

1stcommander said:
Hello Im new to the Commander, I've been looking for some running boards, but I haven't seen any on the commander yet. Any owners have a set they want to show off. I want to see how low they hang down.
I have the Jeep Chrome side tubular steps... they look good but are not very functional. They sit so close to the body you can only get your toes on them. I am considering replacing when I have the XK lifted this summer.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Iowa Commander has some nice looking running Boards and I had the Rocky Road Rockrails installed and absolutely love the Rock Rails.

I installed the 2' Teraflex lift and it looks great!

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
I put the OEM Commander running boards on mine, they look awsome and are very sturdy, I did it mylsef in about 60 minutes with no special tools required. The picture isnt the best but you can get the idea, the best thing about them is there is no gap between the top of the running board and the vehicle so it keeps alot of road debri off the vehicle.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Here's a pic of the crome tubular side steps. Installed them myself.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Good evening. I just purchased steps from my dealer and I am having problems getting the last and final bolt placed by the passenger side. There is a cover that is in the way. I have removed the tie wraps and cover, but the lines that run across prevent me from getting the bolt through. What did you do in this case? Looking for suggestions.

Elias

1 - 9 of 9 Posts