Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
an some one post an underside picture of the commander with a magnaflow (or other aftermarket) muffler installed.. i wanna see what is all involved (i may do it my self...without a rock this time)
I installed my Magnaflow cat-back. If I can do it anybody can do it. It just bolts on.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Here they are. I have a Flowmaster 50 series on the V6. I used stock tubes, aftermarkets should run and attach in the same line as stock unless it's a full cat back (then you have to worry about bends from in front of this first picture)

Front Gasket

Front Weld

Rear Weld

Rear Exit

Sorry about the bad contrast and healthy coating of mud. It was a VERY simple install if you know how to weld (I do not, and I do not own the equipment to do so, but I watched the shop guys do the job). They plasma cut the old muffler off (takes 4 min) made sure the new muffler fit inside the cavity (should never be a problem for aftermarket over stock) and welded it straight on. Fairly simple, they charged me 50 bucks for the work and I was on my way. I got my muffler online for $70 plus shipping NIB. So grand total $120. If I had the V8 I would have gone with a full system from headers all the way back but with a V6 it's just going to make it sound nice...or like a V8...stock :-/

·
Registered
266 Posts
Canadian, only the 5.7 exhaust has the resonator from what I can tell but the Hemi Exhaust should work for all of us with 4.7L. The MBRP exhaust says it for for 4.7 or 5.7.

·
Registered
401 Posts
The Borla (and probably all others) attaches at the flange forward of the existing muffler, and replaces the entire stock pipe behind it (including resonator). It wouldn't be too difficult to do on a newer Jeep, but once those bolts are frozen on there it was impossible for me to get them off (Jeep is three years old) so I had to go to a professional (e.g. someone with a lift, torch, and pneumatic tools).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts