Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mechanic is chasing a check engine light gremlin that I could not identify/fix. I'm getting P013A and P013C as well as a pending P0430. One of the things he is suggesting is to put the factory exhaust back on. Has anyone had problems with a MagnaFlow or other after-market set up causing emissions faults? Has anyone had a similar experience in general with these codes recorded despite the sensors working properly?

·
Administrator
16,027 Posts
Mechanic is chasing a check engine light gremlin that I could not identify/fix. I'm getting P013A and P013C as well as a pending P0430. One of the things he is suggesting is to put the factory exhaust back on. Has anyone had problems with a MagnaFlow or other after-market set up causing emissions faults? Has anyone had a similar experience in general with these codes recorded despite the sensors working properly?
@gtr0419 I've had the Magnaflow cat-back exhaust on my Commander for 13 years with no problems.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Those are O2 sensor codes. The exhaust behind the converters will not trip O2 codes. As Jeep said, many have modified systems that work flawlessly. For some reason, the newer Chrysler products do not like aftermarket O2's. If they were replaced by Bosch or NGK, they do not work properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts