Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using The Magnaflow CatBack, Item #16665? I have found an incredible deal on it and was wondering what the feedback was on it? I have browsed the forums but no one has really came out in detail about this product Would love to know what people who own it think!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I know I'm bring up an old thread but I just found a good pricing on the same system. I see that you have it now and wondering if it was/is worth it.

·
Registered
696 Posts
In detail? Great company. Lifetime warranty. Any problems they dont send pieces. They will replace the entire system. The system is beautiful. I really like the way it looks and installation is simple. Performance gains havent been measured by me but I would like to say I can feel it. Biggest negative: Great tone but very quiet! Maybe its just the interior of the commander or the noise from the Hemi w/ intake but outside the vehicle while it idles you would think it was stock with a fancy tip. I can hear its beautiful tone at higher RPM but still not loud. So on the commander maybe its not really a negative. More of a family friendly thing and doesnt annoy passengers on long trips. That makes it pretty much perfect.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm only running a 3.7 but I know what you have to have a good outlet (exhaust) before you can have the inlet (intake). So im thinking that doing a catback system using 2.5 should be ok. The price I found is about $220, not counting the install but I have a hookup at a local shop (completed about 4 systems so far for me in the past). Hopefully I have enough "play money" (my allowance) to use without dipping into the wife's fund (everything else).

·
Registered
158 Posts
Help a fellow commander brother out. I need a link. I missed the last sale.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I found it on car-stuff.com for 220 but now the site is down.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I now have the magnaflow exhaust system and i love it. I have not looked at the prices but if you can find a deal on one i would definatley go for it. I also got mine from carstuff.com and they shipped fast, except customer service was a little slow. good luck

·
Registered
55 Posts
My only issue is that it comes with a resonator. Sometime during the week, I'm going to call and see if they sell the same system without it. I would hate to buy the system but to have the shop cut the resonator off for the polished tip.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I saw it there earlier, but now it is like $566.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts