Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went down to the shop today and the owner had his guy cut off my 55gal drum posing as a muffler and tried a Vortex, Magnaflow, and Flowmaster on my XK and even though the Flowmaster was quite impressive sounding (everything sounds good in a garage) I went for the Magnaflow. Quite happy with it so far. Its not a V-8 rumble :eek: but its something :D

Let me know what you think.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
We need a sound clip.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jeep5253 said:
We need a sound clip.
Man your gonna make me work :(

I will see what I can do. Any ideas on how to upload one?

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Maybe put it in photobucket and give us a link?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Mind if I ask how much it cost - need to add this to my list of projects behind the lift, tires, spacers and CAI.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
The link works. It takes you to the page with your clip but the clip doesn't play.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
jeep5253 said:
The link works. It takes you to the page with your clip but the clip doesn't play.
It was working earlier. I wonder what happened.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
CrzCajun, did you try it again?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
jeep5253 said:
CrzCajun, did you try it again?
Yeah, now I'm having the same problem that you're having.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:( Sorry about that I have no idea what happened. Try now. This is the unedited version with guest appearances by me.:eek:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bjamrow said:
Mind if I ask how much it cost - need to add this to my list of projects behind the lift, tires, spacers and CAI.
Luckily I know the guy at the shop and in Alaska everything is expensive so I got it for $250 and avg joe would of paid $320 here.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
It works now. Sounds good! And I love that color!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I have only had time to run around town a little bit in stop and go traffic, which it seems to be a bit more peppy. I am hoping to get out on the hwy today and open it up if I get a chance and if the roads are not bad.

And since the temp is 20 below I have yet to reset the computer (I lack a garage :( ) But I will post it as soon as I can gumption up the motivation to freeze and go motoring.
;)

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
20 below! wooo...it's 15 here and I thought that was cold!!
Do you have an engine block heater? Does the Jeep warm up at 20 below?

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey i am new, just got a 07 commander last weekend. I was wondering what size of magnaflow did you go with? I was thinking of going magnaflow myself, but probably the 24". Reasoning being it is my wifes ride so I want to make v6 more efficient w/out adding a ton of noise. My muffler guy here in arkansas recommended the 24" and if i want a little more noise then the 18". Does anyone know anything about the flowmaster 50 series SUV, I have a 5o series on my dakota 4.7l and love it. Flowmaster makes a 50 series specifically for suv's.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
cico7 said:
20 below! wooo...it's 15 here and I thought that was cold!!
Do you have an engine block heater? Does the Jeep warm up at 20 below?
Yep yep the jeep gets toasty even with the V6 :D . I do have a block heater (cord was a pain to find :mad: ) and she gets plugged in before I hit the sack. The other day I did venture out before the XK was ready (outside temp read -25) temp gage was at the 1/4 level area and I took off and hit the highway. The Check engine light came on and said check gauges and my temp gauge dived back down to C. Took it in and the msgs on the computer was basically Damn its cold and the transmission sent a message in saying the temp was "implausible" I must say the XK was right on the money that day lol

billcat said:
just got a 07 commander last weekend. I was wondering what size of magnaflow did you go with?
Saddly I never asked :eek: I was just happy the wife was in a allowance giving mood. But I believe its the 18"

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Took it out on the HWY today and did the same distance and Est MPG reset at same location only difference is the temp was about 5 degrees colder and its snowing but where I leveled out at 18ish mpg before I hit 20+ mpg. This is cruise control set to 65 with no lane changes. Now its no where near scientific but I did noticed that RPM wise the XK was about 200 RPM lower at 65 then before it (before the muffler 65 had me over 2k and now I am just below or right on 2k)

·
Registered
577 Posts
I didn't even try to listen -- :p But I like the look of the dual tips. Nice!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts