Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing some maintenance lately and thought I'd ask for some input on other suggestions. Here are my recent repairs/maint:

At 100k miles:

• Replaced all spark plugs

• Replaced radiator

• Replaced air intake filter

• Replaced PCV valve
Engine oil gets replaced every 3000 miles

Coming up to 115k miles, and the list of things I am doing soon:

• Drain/fill front and rear diff oil

• Drain/fill XFR case oil

• Replace busted inner tie rod

• New tires/alignment

--2009 4.7L QTII

Any other suggestions outside the routine check fluids, belts, brakes, and look for anything leaking?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For the front and rear diff, I plan on just using Valvoline Differential Fluid (75w-140) full syn. I know this includes the limited slip additive even though my XK doesn't have ELSDs. Anyone have any experience using this diff fluid? Any pros/cons of using this vs a different brand?

I still need to pick up some XFR case fluid from the dealer, anyone know how much they typically charge?

Update to the list:
-New tires on (Cooper Adventurer A/T)
-Alignment complete. Camber is still slightly out, but the shop said it's so close to being correct that if they try to adjust it they could make it worse or straight up break something.
-Even though the shop said the left inner tie rod was busted, they were wrong. I didn't need to replace it. Whatever.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
I still need to pick up some XFR case fluid from the dealer, anyone know how much they typically charge?
When I replaced my transfer case oil about 4 years ago dealer price was $10 to $12 a quart - you need 2 quarts. If the dealer replaces it figure $150:grin2: If you don't have one get one of those little hand pumps that fit on standard oil bottles - makes it easy to get fluid in to diffs and xfer case.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I replaced my transfer case oil about 4 years ago dealer price was $10 to $12 a quart - you need 2 quarts. If the dealer replaces it figure $150:grin2: If you don't have one get one of those little hand pumps that fit on standard oil bottles - makes it easy to get fluid in to diffs and xfer case.

yeah, that's not too bad per quart. But with my luck it will now be like $50... I have a hand pump, so it shouldn't be a big deal to do it myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts