Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like after a heavy rain fall, my alarm likes to go off at strange times, i.e. 3 AM (waking me up as well as the rest of the neighborhood). I have also seen this occur during a drop in temerature during the winter. The alarm does not go off all the time; however, it does go off about twice a month.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2006 V8 HEMI Commander - Rear door indicator goes off randomly

1. I have had a the reardoor indicator come on while I was driving. This iss does not occur frequently; however, it happens enough that it bothers me. I will slam the door shut a second time however, the indicator seems to go on and off randomly. I took it to the dealer and they cound not find any issues. It is impossible to re-create this issue when I bring it in to be serviced. It seems to go off when I go over a bump; however, I do slam the door shutsometimes two or three times.

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts
Have you had a "liftgate ajar" warning in the EVIC when this happens ?

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts
  1. I have had a the reardoor indicator come on while I was driving. This iss does not occur frequently; however, it happens enough that it bothers me. I will slam the door shut a second time however, the indicator seems to go on and off randomly. I took it to the dealer and they cound not find any issues. It is impossible to re-create this issue when I bring it in to be serviced. It seems to go off when I go over a bump; however, I do slam the door shutsometimes two or three times.
Obviously there is a short or loose wire in the sensor.

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts
Do you mean the liftgate or one of the rear doors ?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I am going to merge these two threads as I am sure that when you fix one problem, it will take care of the other one (If I am wrong we can split it again later).

I think Jeep5253 hit the nail on the head!

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts
If you are getting the "liftgate ajar" message then there is a TSB for this issue. I have had this happen to me a few times but it has not happened for quite awhile and I have not been to the dealer to have the TSB performed. Here is the TSB: http://www.xkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_xk_0802207.pdf

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's definetly the rear passenger door. The dealership checked it a while ago and they did not find anything wrong. Do you realy think that the alarm going off has something to do with the door?

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts
Do you realy think that the alarm going off has something to do with the door?
Yes. Did you read the TSB that I gave you link for ? Although that pertains to the liftback the same thing could be happening with the door.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took a look at the liftgate TSB; however, I have never had an issue with the liftgate it's self just the rear passanger door and the alarm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts