Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday it was 74 degrees outside but today we are having a blizzard with as much as 14 inches of snow expected.

I had my wife take the Commander so she could get to work and back.

This is the first blizzard in a long long time here so I am very glad we have the commander!

I look forward to getting out in it later.:banana_hitit:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Snowing here too.Then another storm tomorrow dumping up to a total of 30 inches possibly.It'll be the first bad one with the Commander as well.I hate this weather but I'm looking forward to seeing how well the Commander does in it since I'll have to work!:ugh2:

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Were supposed to get hit with a bad snow storm starting tonight through tomorrow night. Then again this weekend. I cant wait. Were going snow wheeling Sunday too, so its going to be awsome!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
This big storm is affectng over half the country. I see a computer model is predicting 20 inches and 40MPH winds ... blizzard conditions... for my area of Michigan. Could be some really deep drifts. I wouldn't be surprised at 4 foot drifts out in the open in places.

Remember, fellow Commander owners, you can still get stuck in a Jeep. Keep some basic cold weather survival stuff in the Jeep, just in case. I very well could sit this one out depending on what we really get. Maybe a trip around the neighborhood to try things out and decide from there.

Here's the model:

http://wxcaster4.com/gfs/CONUS2_GFS0P5_SFC_ACCUM-SNOW_120HR.gif

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last night they showed pictures of grocery store shelves. Looked like Russian stores in the bad communist times of the '70s

My five year old tried to make me some hot chocolate after shoveling the driveway. She cried because there was no marshmallows so once my wife gets home I will have the chance to go out and get some!

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
This storm is headed our way as I type. We got about 4-5" last night, as a teaser, and now the big one is going to arrive shortly. 12-18", depending on how it tracks. We are right on the snow/ice line, so we either end up with a lot of snow or a lot of ice. Two years ago we got hit with a major ice storm - our neighborhood has lots of old growth trees so it looked like a bomb had dropped! Our power was off for 5.5 days, but I could still take a hot shower - gas! :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
10" last night here and the weather alarm has been going off all day.
It just started raining and it's 19 degress out. Huhh.
Predicting 12" for tonight. I did go fill all the gas cans just in case we are on generator.
My fun tonight will be on the tractor pushing back the piles.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Snow!! Felt so bad for the guy in front of me on the way home. He had a late '90's mustang and could hardly get going. Once traffic cleared I had no problem leaving him behind. Tomorrow should be fun as we expect about 15" overnight.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we have a two foot snow drift on the deck in back. Our warnings are until midnight as there is still more on the way. About ten inches on the ground right now. Still have not seen a plow on our road. Shoveled my driveway twice and helped my neighbor do his. We then did the driveway of some new neighbors that moved up from Florida. I am willing to bet they do not have a snow shovel! They left before the storm hit but at least they will not have to worry about getting in their garage.

·
Registered
138 Posts
We had a little ice yesterday morning and then it warmed up and melted it all. Last night they were calling for a 1/4" of ice and all we got was rain..lots of it. I think here in MD we are in the clear, but I wanted to have a snow day.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
In Flint, Michigan we only got about 6 or 7 inches of snow, but a lot of drifting. I haven't been out yet. Will go soon though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts