Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of making a custom intake and possibly a cutom snorkel for my xk. I was curious if some one could possibly give me the dimensions of there k & n cai so i know about what size tube to use. I am very set on doing this any information would be a great help. Thank you.:D i looked under the hood yesterday and there is a ton of room there in my 3.7 engine bay and i am going to just go for it. any help would be greatly appreciated. or any opinions on what you guys think? should i or should i not?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am not going to cut a hole in my fendor i am going to make it a snorkle i can take off when im not off roading and all. I have an idea but i cant say it took me about 3 hours to actually think of it and it involves no fendor cutting. me and about 4 of my friends sat down and though about it and it should work. i guess we will find out. lol

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya it involves a little more work but i believe it should work. ill hopefully have it by virginia and you can all see.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I made CAI last week for my 5.7 with over the counter parts, cost about $160.00 includeing the K&N filter.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
autozone sell all the parts, filters, hoses etc. you should be able to find measurements there.

You can buy off brand CAI's on Ebay about half the price.......I know a guy who used an RV sewer hose and ran it to the air intake just in front of the windshield.

Now I would not recommend any of these....but if you are interested....there it is........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts