Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So spring is here and like many of you have been out getting the Jeep dirty. Now it’s time to clean her up and make her look new again. I know on past cars there are always little spots that I miss only to discover them weeks down the road. I thought it might be nice to share with others tips, tricks or hidden spots to clean and how to make them shine.

·
Banned
389 Posts
I cleaned out 3 years worth of road grime from the mount under the hood after I removed my front grill to install my K&N filter kit. I also took Mequires brand cleaner/wax to all of the body panels below the doors, along the wheel well edges and entire rear hatch and it removed the tell tale signs of pin-prick sized surface rust at the top of the clear coat layer...I'd definitely recommend doing that to any Commander that see's snow like we do here in Ohio every year. Also, inside the doors don't forget to wipe out the black mud/grime guards, mine were a little dirty in there too. I also use RainX on all exterior glass at least twice a year (you'd be amazed at the black film you pull off glass with it on a vehicle you just hand washed)...plus its so cool to watch the water bead and flow off glass for a while after you've done it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'll be going over my paint using a DA polisher,CCS 5.5" white pad and Meguiars M205.I'll finish the job with a CCS red pad and NXT Tech wax.If I had 1 tip it would be to use Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer between washes.It shines the car right up

·
Banned
389 Posts
I also use Meguiars Quick Detailer after every washing too...forgot to mention that. Great product, you can even get it on and off nice in the sun if you don't have a garage.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Blasphemy!!! Talking about cleaning Jeeps.

Actually, I'm more of the "show" type person when it comes to my vehicles. Getting it dirty is fun and everything, but when it comes down to it, I'd rather be driving around in a clean Jeep than a dirty one. If its above freezing out, I'm out cleaning the vehicles.

·
Registered
56 Posts
This Spring I'm going to try Chemical Guys;
1. good hand wash
2. Black Light Radiant Finish (soft pad,7424 polisher)-maybe do this twice
3. V7 for sealant
4. 303 protectant for plastics,rubber etc.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well since this 3 year old thread is resurrected I'll share my secret.
I find a very remote, over grown trail and drive down it as fars as I can. The branches do wonders for removing the stubborn dirt.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Just used Wipe New on all the exterior black plastic and it turned out really well. We'll see how long it stays black now that the high plains sunshine and heat is about to start baking Amarillo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts