Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
This should bring back memories....:rofl:

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Wow that did bring back memories. That was one heck of a hit!!!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! Watched the video on the link - I will have to "tivo" it.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Nice Vid. Also there are two good nicknames they give the commander in there if anyone wants them, "Strike Vehicle" and "Battering Ram"

·
Registered
57 Posts
The Jeep's airbags did not go off. Maybe they were more interested in the struck vehicle since the Jeep was pretty stripped.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I wonder how the Commander would have faired if the collision happened in the reverse?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Nice Vid. Also there are two good nicknames they give the commander in there if anyone wants them, "Strike Vehicle" and "Battering Ram"
OK I call "Battering Ram"!

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
It looks to me like the Jeep held up very well. I think if the little car hit the Jeep, there would be minimal damage.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I think thats awesome how the frame of the XK acted as a battering ram at those to points...Was that a ford edge that got the impact?...I know I have seen Equinoxs get slammed and the only thing left was the front driver and passenger zones...looked like a crushed soda can...but I think i am getting happier and happier with my purchase!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Most vehicles don't hold up well in a side impact crash, if the cars were reversed, othr than the Jeep being taller, the results would be similar.-43

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Yeah that was a Ford Edge that was hit. I thought the bags did go off. One thing I was surprised with was the hood was hardly damaged, I figured that the hood would have buckled due to it being aluminum.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Cool, it's nice to know that even after a crash like that, I'd only need a hood, a couple of fenders and maybe some fender flares. $1300 at the most if I did the repairs myself......:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts