Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mandatory Service Items for 50,000 miles on 2007 Commander

Can anyone help me with how many different fluid and part replacements are needed at 50,000 miles ?

I purchased at 43,000 miles as certified used. I only performed oil change under my ownership.

Should I do the following :

1. Full Tune Up ( a. spark plugs b. wires for same c. air filters )

2. Transmission ( Replace filter and fluid )

3. Drive Axles ( Replace fluid and filters )

4. Brake ( Replace fluids )

5. Air Conditioner ( Replace Filters )

Any suggestions for adding or deleting an item from above. Please help.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
The axles should have been done at 45,000. They need to be changed every 15,000 miles. The transfer case is 30, 60 , 90 etc. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Read the owners manual recommendation, like suggested, do what it says in there, if you don't have any service records, then review what should have been done earlier and consider doing it now.

The owners manual does NOT recommend changing brake fluid, its a life of the vehicle fluid, according to the manufacturer. "I personally believe" you should change brake fluid at a reasonable interval and 50k miles sounds like a good one to me. If you have a dealer do it, it will likely cost you an outrageous price, might want to look into an idependent shop if you can't do it yourself.

Read the axle fluid recommendations carefully, light duty you don't have to change it that often, severe duty (off-roading or frequent towing) you do. Personally I pick somewhere in between for my lighter duty, changing axle fluid at 50k mi. for light duty I would think is fine.

You do NOT have to take it to the dealer for servicing to maintain the factory warranty, BUT, you need to keep accurate service records and receipts of the service, including receipts for supplies if you perform the service yourself, so you have proof in case of a warranty dispute. Even if you do have the Dealership service it, you should keep the records and receipts from the Dealership.

I've never purchased an extended warranty, so I can't really advise you on that. Common sense tells me, to read the extended warranty agreement, if you are required to have the recommended servicing done at a dealership to maintain the warranty, it should say it in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts