Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Commander Sport 3.7L 2WD
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preparing to replace valve cover gaskets disconnecting electrical connectors - got a big problem?

MAP sensor located on front of plastic intake manifold broke off with tube still inside intake manifold. No I didn't pry - it all but crumbled in my fingers. Possibly a previous repair as it looks like it may have been glued back into place previously.

Soliciting suggestions on how to remove??

I've got to remove ac comp to access valve cover which will provide better access. Not much "meat" to latch on to with small needle nose. Thoughts?

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Bumper Tire Automotive tire Wood Gas Motor vehicle Bicycle part

·
Registered
2008 Commander Sport 4.7L V8, 70k mi
12 Posts
Ooof that's a bit rough brother. Maybe jam something into the empty space in that sensor with a good amount of super glue / gorilla glue on it. Let it harden to the maximum amount of time. Then use that to manuver it out.

·
Registered
2008 Commander Sport 3.7L 2WD
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Solution - seems like nothing is easy to moderate working on this engine - 3.6L V6. I removed intake manifold which included removal of alternator>fuel rail>disconnect wiring harness for injectors and coil pack>EGR tube>various other vacuum hoses>throttle body>passenger side motor mount bolt - to lower engine for clearance to remove intake. Whew!!

After all that intake removal wasn't "easy" - twist and turn - out. Then took a picking tool with 90 degree end and pulled out broken MAP sensor.
I'm going to clean out EGR and replace PCV while I have torn down.

·
Registered
2008 Commander Sport 4.7L V8, 70k mi
12 Posts
Ooof that's a bit rough brother. Maybe jam something into the empty space in that sensor with a good amount of super glue / gorilla glue on it. Let it harden to the maximum amount of time. Then use that to manuver it out.
Give the sensor a good few knocks from the top and all sides if you can, to loose the grip of time on it before adding the improvised handle though. Nothing too rough or inward directed
Solution - seems like nothing is easy to moderate working on this engine - 3.6L V6. I removed intake manifold which included removal of alternator>fuel rail>disconnect wiring harness for injectors and coil pack>EGR tube>various other vacuum hoses>throttle body>passenger side motor mount bolt - to lower engine for clearance to remove intake. Whew!!

After all that intake removal wasn't "easy" - twist and turn - out. Then took a picking tool with 90 degree end and pulled out broken MAP sensor.
I'm going to clean out EGR and replace PCV while I have torn down.

Glad you got it out, good luck getting it all back together. Take your time!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts