Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The January Higher Ground Run will be on Saturday January 23rd. We will be going to the Martinez Cabins out by Florence, AZ.

This is on State Trust Land so you might want to consider picking up a permit, I believe they sell for $15 for an individual and $20 for a family and are good for 365 days from the date of purchase.

We will leave from the New Life parking lot at 83rd and Thunderbird at 7:00am.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:42::42::42:

·
Registered
266 Posts
can you tell us what level of offroading this will be?

stock-

stock w/ more agressive tires-

2" lift w/ stock tires or more agressive-

thanks 49'r

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A stock vehicle should be able to do this run, a XK with lift and tires can play on the obstacles as well. The Guide to Arizona Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails rates it at moderate and indicates that a stock Suzuki Sidekick had no problems.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've been wanting to do that trip so bad!!!!! Were having my son's b-day party that day, this bites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been wanting to do that trip so bad!!!!! Were having my son's b-day party that day, this bites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do the party on Sunday and bring your son to the trial ride :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
A stock vehicle should be able to do this run, a XK with lift and tires can play on the obstacles as well. The Guide to Arizona Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails rates it at moderate and indicates that a stock Suzuki Sidekick had no problems.

ok so i'm at 16th st. and the 101, or you can say cave creek and the 101.
is that 83rd ave. ? and wher can i get a permit ?

·
Registered
266 Posts
i'm also having a b-day party but i figured i should be back by 4pm at latest..just enough time to get home and get everything ready for
party at 5p.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so i'm at 16th st. and the 101, or you can say cave creek and the 101.
is that 83rd ave. ? and wher can i get a permit ?
Permits are available at 1616 w Adams. http://www.land.state.az.us/

I am not sure of the route, but if you PM me a cell phone I can call you when we leave the parking lot if you do not want to waste the gas coming west.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All the rain this week should make this a fun trip, Let's go find some rare Arizona mud!

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Unfortunately I have to pass on this one too. It funny but true, also I have a birthday, my wife's.
Besides her birthday she didn't feel like going due to morning sickness.... or should I say that she nauseous all day long. She's about 10 weeks pregnant now. She already gets nauseous by my normal driving. I hope in a couple of weeks that nausea is gone and we can go wheeling again.
I'm planning on the Four Peaks and Apache trail back somewhere at the end of February early March.

Have fun this coming weekend !!!!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congratulations! Hope to see you on the next trip!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Saturdays ride has been canceled, The Storm is unbelievable and the trails are going to be far too dangerous for anyone. I will let you know when we set up another one.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Saturdays ride has been canceled, The Storm is unbelievable and the trails are going to be far too dangerous for anyone. I will let you know when we set up another one.
Good choice!:sick: i was going to exit myself after last night. WOW!

that would have been the first time i have been able to show, but not the last.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am sure we could have really tested our Commanders in real off road situations but the washes were most likely going to be way to dangerous.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Weather is clearing up nicely, We will run on Saturday morning at 7:00am if any of you are still interested.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm going to try and make it, I couldn't on their web site though. Do have the link?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do not think they have a link on their web site, they do all communications by e-mail.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Me and my two boys are in, see ya in the morning.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well Head6119 & I joined four other rigs and ran some of the trails, The bad weather last week mad all the trails a more difficult rating then prior to teh rain. The Commanders did well and i will post up some pictures tomorrow if I can get my home computer working again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts