Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I baught myself the Matrix w/hoop and a set of cheap lights (same ones as ERNurse's) and was able to install it today. The lights are not wired yet but I just had to mount them, lol. Also, I still need to add felt circles to the D-shackels so they don't clank back and forth. So, check out the pics!!!!!

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
It looks really good. Did you paint the center section red, or did you order it that way? :icon_confused:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I painted it myself.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Nice job ! Looks Good !! <<<.>>>

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
954 Posts
That looks sharp, good work on the paint job. BTW- did you find the felt pads you were looking for? I used heavy duty felt pads for chairs and it did the job, to this day they are still on there pretty solid and I get no noise at all.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Oscar, I did find them but my girl had a good point. Down here in so Fl it rains a lot, that felt would go to crap real quick. Therefore, I got something similar but in rubber. I'll install it later and see how it works.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Thanks Oscar, I did find them but my girl had a good point. Down here in so Fl it rains a lot, that felt would go to crap real quick. Therefore, I got something similar but in rubber. I'll install it later and see how it works.
Rubber is a better option and I was never able to find anything that would fit. I thought that about the felt but I'm pleasantly surprised because it's endured rain, snow, and even forging water as high as the pads themselves and once in a while I inspect them and they're still on there pretty solid. They were pretty hard to cut so I figured they would last a while and so far they have, I figured what's the worst that can happen, they'll just fall off. Post some pics of what you found and where we can order them. A custom rubber grommet would've been great from 4xGuard.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Looks great! I love the red center. Very slick.

We've used rubber washers (Daystar makes some, too), but we've also just used cheap PVC pipe cut to size, which costs pennies. The fact that so many things can do the job so cheaply is the primary reason we don't include something "official" for the task. (Well, that and we're mostly into making things out of metal!)

·
Registered
419 Posts
As smokin' hot as that rig is, by the way, it needs Side Guards. :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As smokin' hot as that rig is, by the way, it needs Side Guards. :)
....and skid plates, and rear gaurd, and....what else you got? LOL!!!!!!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What sized bolts hold those shackles on?

If they're 5/8" then go to mcmaster.com and check out part number 90131A105
Thanks for the link Matt, but I purchased something simular from Home Depot. I'll try it out and see if it works out.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
D-Shackles

Here is what I did to cure the D-shackle clanking on the Matrix. Others have used felt and that works as well, but I chose to use rubber chair feet cushion thingies....

That's it........It only cost me $2 at Home Depot and it works great!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice Mod. Looks good. Where did you order from ?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
419 Posts
Spel cheque correction: 4xGuard. ;)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #20