Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought myself the Matrix front gaurd for Xmas..............I already bought the stud plates (PN 52090140AA) needed to install said Matrix............Well the plates didn't come with the nuts to tighten them down....................Like a Dumb*** I already had installed the stud plates into the crossmember without finding out the size and pitch of the nuts........

So, my question is...............Does anyone know the size and thread pitch of these nuts?

:ugh2:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Send a PM to El Cid. He will either know or will find out for you.

Editted to spell his forum name correctly.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just got my stud plates in the mail today but i have to wait to open them tomorow on christmas. I hope I have all of the required parts.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Sorry to be so long in responding. Been doing family things today. I believe the bolt is metric size 10 with 1.5 thread pitch. (Assuming that Mopar is making them consistent.)

As a rule, one should definitely get the matching nuts before installation. ;)

Have a merry Christmas!

·
Registered
243 Posts
thanks for the response el cid. I am going to the hardwware store tomorow to get the nuts and will hopefully have the whole gaurd mounted by tomorow night.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mike, i'll ne hitting the hardware store 2mrw as well. Merry Christmas to all.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Try Auto Zone first, or another auto parts store, they have the grade 8 and 10 nuts that are ideal for the stud plate.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Oscar, I went to three auto parts places with no luck, then finally i stopped at autozone and they had one set(4) left. 10mm x 1.5 is correct, I installed my Matrix today and will post pics soon on a new thread. Thanks again Mike and Oscar.

BTW Oscar, I just checked out your youtube vids from the Badlands. It looks like fun, I'll have to schedule a road trip one day to come trail with you guys.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 10 of 10 Posts