Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So a rock put a hole in my OEM muffler so I decided to get a whole new better system for less$$$. I figured I would just go Magnaflow but the guy at the shop couldn't find one anywhere in stock and talked me into an MBRP one as being just as mellow.

Now I do like how it sounds, but it is overall a bit louder than I wanted. And the noise at speed is kinda distracting. Other forums have said it needs to "break in" over a few hundred miles and I am waiting for that. I am also playing with my new Superchips programmer to turn off MDS (reduces drone?) and thinking maybe the 91 performance mode makes it louder at my preferred cruising speed of 80mph.

Does the resonator on the Gibson/Magnaflow make them any quieter or less drone-ey at highway speeds? Are they quieter overall? Not looking for OEM quiet, just not hot rod rice burner annoying.

Thanks for any help!

Dennis.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Love my Magnaflow cat-back. Hardly notice it inside unless you get on the gas.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Does the resonator on the Gibson/Magnaflow make them any quieter or less drone-ey at highway speeds? Are they quieter overall?
I love my Gibson, and no it dose not have that "highway drone". When I first installed it I was not sure what to think but after the break n period I came to love it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So a rock put a hole in my OEM muffler so I decided to get a whole new better system for less$$$. I figured I would just go Magnaflow but the guy at the shop couldn't find one anywhere in stock and talked me into an MBRP one as being just as mellow.

Now I do like how it sounds, but it is overall a bit louder than I wanted. And the noise at speed is kinda distracting. Other forums have said it needs to "break in" over a few hundred miles and I am waiting for that. I am also playing with my new Superchips programmer to turn off MDS (reduces drone?) and thinking maybe the 91 performance mode makes it louder at my preferred cruising speed of 80mph.

Does the resonator on the Gibson exhaust /Magnaflow make them any quieter or less drone-ey at highway speeds? Are they quieter overall? Not looking for OEM quiet, just not hot rod rice burner annoying.

Yes I think. Because Magnaflows create a soft sound in the highways. I have a magnaflows and I think it has a quiet sound. :)

Thanks for any help!

Dennis.
Yes I think. Because Magnaflows create a soft sound in the highways. I have a magnaflows and I think it has a quiet sound. :)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Wanna trade? I have magnaflow and its too quiet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts