Jeep Commander Forum banner

mcformica's garage

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  mcformica 
#1 ·
Here is a view of the 2008 Commander Sport I purchased this weekend for a steal (literally - $18k off sticker price plus I got the lifetime DiamlerChrysler bumper to bumper service contract).

They were taken at Tyson's Corner Mall in McLean, VA.

Planned mods include:

1. Thule Roof Rack
  2. Tow Hooks
  3. Skid Plates
  4. Short (1 1/2") lift if I can get my wife to allow it
  5. Rear seat DVD screens
Anything else I should do/add?? Any thoughts on the Fortera tires? I think they look cool (my 6 year old things their "way cooool") but I have doubts about their actual performance off the road.

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't think that there is a 1 1/2 inch lift for the XK. 2" is the smallest, which I believe actually lifts it about 2 1/2. If you want, next time you're going to be in the Woodbridge area, let me know so we could meet up so you could see how it looks lifted.

As far as the tires, the Fortera's are okay, but an all terrain tire would definitely be better if you plan on offroading. I'm running the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors and have no problems with them.

#4 ·
The forterra's will work ok for you if you are doing limited and light offroading. However if you are going to lift then you will want some bigger tires anyway. Welcome and congrats on the great purchase

#5 ·
Great looking rig! Sent you a PM

#7 ·
congrats on the purchase. dealerships are giving commander away.

#9 ·
well, if you want skid plates and tow hooks, you must be planning to do some off roading.

This link Lift Pole shows what lifts and tires and spacers etc many members use.

This link: Summary of Pole shows a summary of the results of the pole.
May people have made changes since the pole was started and I am sure there are others that did not enter info on the post.

But is should give you an idea of popular tires, lifts, etc.....

You need a CB too.

#16 ·
Just added to our garage. Needed a new car. Wife wanted another Commander, but I didn't want to spend the money, so I got a 2010 Jeep Liberty Sport - towing package, Select Track II 4x4, off road tire package, etc. Picked it up this morning, will be posting pictures soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.