Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys, my name is Matt and I have a 2006 Commander 4.7L with only 21k miles. All stock for now except a E&G grille. It is dark red (forget the actual name - dont flame me over this!)

I plan on getting a 2.5" lift on the Commander with a set of 255/75/17's. Not to sure yet if I am going to go with BFG A/Ts of M/Ts or Toyo Open Countrys.

My questions is - how do the BFG A/Ts ride compared to stock? Drivability is the most important thing with my Commander. and does anyone on here have the Toyos?? I LOVED my Toyos on my Ford.

The Jeep is a daily driver, my baby is a 2006 Chrysler 300C that is pretty modded (Procharger - intercooled, Viper wheels, many many other things) Here are a couple pics...

and here is a picture of my previous 4x4 - 97 Ford F-150 - 9" lift with 40" Toyo Open Country M/Ts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Welcome to the forum, The ride is not much different with the BFG's

If you want to make this into your garage thread under "photos" LMK, this is a great start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be great! I plan on hopefully doing the modding soon. I have the money it is just hard to make the first step from stock to modded because after that it will never stop! MY 300C used to be my wife's daily driver and then one day I just had to lower it....

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Welcome. Very nice vehicles. I have always liked the 300 and yours is sweet. You can put these pics in a garage thread...Of course, we need pics of the Commander as well. I say put a 9 inch lift on your Commander.

I don't have experience with the tires you are considering. I put on GY Wrangler Silent Armors. I like them. As you can see in my avatar (and in my pictures in profile area) I have the something something red too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks GP - I like your Commander, I have been trolling this forum for sometime now. It is inspiration for me - but I work at a BFG dealer so a A/T or M/T would be easier on the pocketbook.

I just want it to look nice and still ride pretty good being as it will never see off-road, and dont hate that statement, I just have a different agenda.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
If I recall correctly, only the BFG Mud Terrain comes in the size 255/75R17.

BTW.....That F-150 looks awsome!

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
That's one nice looking 300. I'm not a big Ford fan, but I do like their trucks. Nice looking garage...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys!

So if there anyway I can get a 265 on there with a two inch lift and NO spacers??

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Thanks guys!

So if there anyway I can get a 265 on there with a two inch lift and NO spacers??
The only way to go without the spacers is to get new rims with a different offset. The 265/70s will rub the upper control arm stud.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts