·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually Robby, its a Rotax engine like those used in the Mazda RX-7 sports cars. It does rip though, tons of torque!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Are Four Strokes becoming more and more common? I know in the early days of four strokers, they were not very reliable, especially in the cold. A Good buddy of mine owns some snowmobiles and we always try to make a trip or two a year up to the UP or Northern MN, lots of fun!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, four strokes are taking off. Yamaha for instance only sells four stroke sleds now. The gas mileage is great and the torque is huge. Plus, the biggest complaint from others about our sport is that sleds are loud and stinky. Four stroke engines address both of those problems. There was a day when I enjoyed smelling like two stroke fumes since it reminded me of the day on the trail. That day has passed! I go up to the U.P. a good amount too. Do you know where you guys have gone?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
That was fun! Thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Do you know where you guys have gone?
We often times go to the Newberry areas and ride all of the trails that go out from there. We also go to Manistique. I am from Ohio so we mostly stay east or central U.P. I noticed you are from Wisconsin so I would assume you go to mostly western U.P. trails? The 2 stroke smell is part of the fun isn't it!?:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts