Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing too exciting, just a couple of shots on one of our properties down in Mississippi. This used to be where we kept a small herd of beef cattle. It's now a pine tree farm in its second planting. No, we didn't get to harvest the first planting - Katrina took most of them out along with most of the huge hardwoods down in the back.

I learned to drive on that tractor...

-------

-------

You know you're nowhere when the only road on the Nav is the one you are driving on...

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Ever been to Yazoo City? Did an extradition trip there once. Nice lloking Commander, love that color ;)

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
How is Tom mounted on your speaker cover? I liked it last year while I was driving to Fla....the GPS showed nothing and kept saying go to the nearest road! Have you seen the new Navigon with Reality View??? It;s cool. Shows you where you are, and what lane to be in with a realistic rendering of where you are.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
How is Tom mounted on your speaker cover? I liked it last year while I was driving to Fla....the GPS showed nothing and kept saying go to the nearest road! Have you seen the new Navigon with Reality View??? It;s cool. Shows you where you are, and what lane to be in with a realistic rendering of where you are.
Tom Tom is mounted to the windscreen with the suction cup. I like it as low as possible and over against the pillar. Easy to glance at, doesn't obstruct anything important, and not so obvious from outside the truck. The power cord is long enough to snake under the dash and up the side between dash and door. Reality view sounds cool, but the simpler map view is very easy to read.

Ever been to Yazoo City? Did an extradition trip there once. Nice lloking Commander, love that color ;)
I grew up in the South part of the State, but lived in Jackson for several years. Never been to Yazoo City, though.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
anything involving the commander is exciting. great color.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Nice XK! I went to tractor driving school as well. Growing up on the farm is fun, I also learned to drive in an International Box truck and I didn't even hurt anyone.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I spent 34 days in Hattiesburg after Katrina with one of the Fire Command Teams. I hate lovebugs!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts