Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My garage is an obsurd place where I take the stupid things I draw at work and try to put them in a vehicle. Its like Dr Suesse meets an audio geek.

Its not all audio related but here is some stuff to start with.

This is what got traded on the commander. She had 160k on the odo (100k when photo was taken) Its a 2002 Mazda Protege5. Has a MintBlue custom body kit and custom paint. It was also a stereo competition vehicle, first car known of to have 10" woofers in the doors! It got wrecked badly twice within a couple of months ( a really nasty hit and run, and then a roll of carpet fell off a truck in front of me doing 80mph) The first time it was rebuilt, I got rid of it 2 weeks after the sanford and son carpet roll whacked me.

Here is the Jeep.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
At 80+ MPH it is a good thing you are still with us, keep posting to your garage, the car looks cool.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me first off say, I am 30 and live with my parents by choice. We all love cars and have lots of fun together. They are retired and travel alot, I also am gone alot, late nights and weekends at work, and traveling to car shows. That being said we also like cats. You can spot 2 cats and my "hidden from view" 69 Camaro.

This is my fathers newest kitty, we sold our 79 Corvette L82 for this. Its more practicle (hey it has a trunk for starters). Its a 2002 Jaguar XKR at
490bph its fun to drive, but has a very small passenger compartment not real comfortable for someone they call "meatball"

One last cat, this is me with one tired cat at about 4am working on car audio stuff. He wasn't much help.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Nice garage! Let's see some more of your works in progress!
Does your dad let you play with the stereo in the Jag?
Can i request more pic's of the Camaro?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There will be more posts of the Camaro, I just don't have any on me right now.

I just finished these the other night, Theyre solid MDF Buiscuit jointed and glued bookshelfs. Painted with some leftover paint I had from the jeep install, these things sound awsome!

The XKR has the Alpine/Jaguar Reference system. Honestly, I don't think I could make it sound a whole lot better than it does from the factory. It has time alignment and everything from the factory. The black jaguar's speakers have been replaced with all Infinity Kappas and some more sound deadening in the doors. Weve been talking about a custom Dual Din headunit kit and some ARC amps, but they havent decided on keeping the car much longer.

Not pictured, but my fathers commander could be getting a slight accoustical facelift also.

Thanks 49er, both accidents were pretty scary, the hit and run pushed me out in front of a firetruck. When I hit the roll of carpet it was like a textile ramp sending my mazda a couple feet in the air, so my buddy says who was driving behind me. Other than some clean shorts needed, I walked away from both no problems, she kept me safe, and when it comes down to it, THATS what defines a good car in my book.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Great stuff Meatball! I love that install you did for the XK, and you do some really nice work at that.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Very nice work Meatball! Like the cats too, all of them

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
nice work meatball. set-up in the commander looks great.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone, I was trying to get some descent photos of the XK this weekend and my camera decided to go belly up on me. This one didn't turn out too bad.

And here is one several months ago at Car Audio Nationals finals in ATL.

Thats actually not the stereo on the left, It was the controller for the audio processor. Thats in the midst of getting rebuilt too. It will be a switchpanel controlling the playstation and lighting and have a usb plug to use a thumb drive to hold MP3 audio.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Here is the camaro Cico. Shes my baby and will hopefully soon be going through a full resto.

Its a numbers matching car thats a 350 combo car. The motor is bored .50 over and breaths through a set of world heads and weber carb. The original transmission has been pulled and stored and has been replaced with a 700r4 with overdrive. Of course being in S. FL it has a vintage air system also, cause fat kids get warmish down here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts