Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Finally got a decent set of pictures to post. Her name is Mandy!

First pic is after I took her up a hill in my brother's backyard before we tilled it all and re-seeded. The rest are from a recent trip to Carolina Beach to do some surf fishin'. The Dakota (2009 I think) is my brother's

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I enlarged your photos, thanks for opening your garage to us.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
excited to be here! How should I enlarge the photos like that myself next time?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
excited to be here! How should I enlarge the photos like that myself next time?
I have the same problem from time to time, It depends on which program you store your photos in and how you link them. For your I open the photo and then used the advanced feature to post them again in a larger size.

Right now I am trying to post my SEAM pictures and am stuck with small ones because I forgot the right link from Photobucket.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
That looks like a Delaware beach...am I close?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carolina Beach - North of Wilmington, NC

·
Registered
422 Posts
ahhh a little off...looks almost identical to a few points in DE...just started to get excited bout another XK from the area...Good lookin XK any mods in the works?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
first and foremost i want to get her lifted. 2" Rough Country is what I'm looking at (based mostly on what I've read on these boards). And because I don't want to do any trimming (really uncomfortable with the idea) put some 255/70/17 A/T's on there. new roof rack also in the near-ish future

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay. I know it isn't really a mod. But I noticed the thread about hooking up an iPod through the stereo or getting a replacement stereo and felt that this thread might be useful. Because I like the clean look of the factory stereo, I didn't want to buy a replacement solely for the purpose of having an auxiliary input for my zune. I found this device from Accessory Power

http://www.accessorypower.com/index....oducts_id=1769

It really works well. I always use 88.3 FM and it is generally clear. There is a little hiss, but if you turn the music up loud enough, the tunes drown it out.
It charges the Zune while it plays, so it eliminates the need for a separate car charger AND FM transmitter. Also very easy to see and use while driving. Much better than my previous setup of having it plugged into an aux. input in my old vehicle (had to pick it up and look every time i wanted to change the music).

Here are some pics of it in Mandy.

I really recommend this product!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Nicely done!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ordered my Rough Country 2" Lift today. Can't wait for it to get here. I will definitely have pics of the install. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ordered a set of 255/70/17 Hankook Dynapro RF10 AT's. Decided to go w/those over the Grabber AT2's. Got them from a local guy for cheaper than any other place I could find. Those will be going on right after the lift (which should arrive tomorrow)!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
got my RC lift in the mail about 30 minutes ago, and i'm not feeling too comfortable installing it myself after reading the directions and looking at the pictures. how much does a lift install usually run? and can it be done (in most cases) at the same place that will be installing my new hankooks? thanks.

ps - my garage thread is not showing up on the garage section of the forum. what gives?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
how much does a lift install usually run? and can it be done (in most cases) at the same place that will be installing my new hankooks? thanks.
Normally around $150 to $200, Have a truck or 4X4 shop install it and your best bet is they can also do the alignment when they are done.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lift update: been calling around town for prices for this lift kit to be installed and they are all 250+ (actually have only had one quote below $300). Not happy with that. As a lot of other people here have done, I'm gonna get together with a guy I know who is much more mechanically inclined than I. Throw in a couple cases of beer for his work, and we should be good to go! Probably going on some time next week.

How long is too long to drive around after putting the lift on w/o getting it aligned? i'm not sure how soon I will be able to get to a shop to have it aligned after I put the lift on. thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just put the lift on yesterday and fitted her w/some new shoes today! Had to go with 255/70/17 Dayton Timberline A/T II's after the guy I *thought* I ordered Hankooks from had not ordered them yet and informed me it would be $600 dollars in shipping! Guy was from Snider Tire in Raleigh, NC. Didn't seem like a well-run business to me. Needless to say, I told him thanks but no thanks and called around. Ended up going to Monro tire in Cary, NC to get these tires put on. Very happy with them (but only have driven home from the shop with them so far). Also very happy with the lift. (btw, RC neglected to leave out some seemingly essential directions for the lift. Maybe I'm just stupid?) I will post pics in the morning!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts