Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any members in the Southwest interested on going on Jeep Expeditions (2 - 7 day runs through the wilderness that can be completed by a stock Jeep)?

If so, let me know.

Right now I am signed up to go on:
  • an expedition through Monument Valley with Navajo guides (Spring 2009)
  • an expedition on the Kit Carson trail through the Mojave Desert to Barstow, CA (Fall 2008)
  • an expedition along the beaches of the Sea of Cortez from Yuma, AZ to Rocky Point, Mexico (Spring 2008)
I will be most likely doing this in the Cherokee as I just installed rock lights and am about to install off road lights, an air compressor, and sway bar quick disconnects so it's a little more suited for the expedition runs.

·
Registered
588 Posts
My wife and I have done the first two by ourselves. This year we will be too busy with our move to N.M. in January, setting up a new home and all, but in the future we would be very interested. Never done the 3rd one but IMHO even a stock Commander with 4wd and low could certainly do the first two. Monument valley is gorgeous, and its near Arches National Park so anyone going there should plan an extra couple of days and visit Arches. Also next to MOAB, anyone with a modified jeep with at least 31" tires (preferably 33") should try some of the trails in MOAB. Most are well marked. john

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Those sound like some good runs, would like to go but money's tight as I'll also be moving during the spring. Might be able to swing the fall run, have to look into it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts