Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer service rep today informed me that I have the mercedes automatic transmission in my 2006 Commander (3.7L six cylinder).

I bought it new and wasn't aware there are different transmissions in these vehicles? Anyone have any comments, pro or con regarding this transmission. Do all 3.7L have it?

Thanks in advance to all the helpful owners.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
All 3.7's have the MB 5-speed, the V8's have a Mopar 5 speed. There's another thread about this on the board already.

·
Registered
4 Posts
RE merc trans in commander / Ihave one in my V6 diesel commander which I am having problems with

·
Registered
541 Posts
V6 transmission makes up for less powerful engine. I just drove round trip NJ/FL with an approximate weight of over 6100lbs including luggage in 13 cubic feet cargo box, mods (Nerf bars, auxiliary lights, etc.) and 6 passengers, avg 17.6MPG with AC on full time at 75MPH. My father in law, an old-timer jeep owner, was impressed with its power, although I do have a K&N intake, full synthetic oil, etc., which help a lot. That trip was sweet and comfortable. Buying out my lease in 14 months is definitively an option...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts