Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. As some of you may know I'm getting rid of my commander so I thought someone might benefit from my loss.

CrunchyWizard and I spend the day Saturday swapping out lift kits and tires. Here's a little video that I made while we worked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgccm9cCzP0

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
That was very cool. A good match of music and video. I especially like the teaser for coming attractions in December. Good job.

Nice of you to help out a brother.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was very cool. A good match of music and video. I especially like the teaser for coming attractions in December. Good job.

Nice of you to help out a brother.
Thank you! My first time with Microsoft Movie Maker. I've done a bit of sound editing before as well as pairing up music to audio books (the ex's).

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
That is awsome. Maybe I can convince phunkeydude, kmax or Iowa Commander to make a similar video!:rofl:

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Cool vid, I'll have to do that if I get rid of mine!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Great video, thanks for sharing parts!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Sad to hear that you are loosing your XK but great vid.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I've got to publicly thank CommanderChaos for being an incredibly kind and GENEROUS person.

We made a deal on the armor (except for the front skid plate that [email protected] beat me to :)) and he essentially GAVE me the lift/tires/spacers/wheels in exchange for my tires/wheels. I did give him a small amount over the price of the armor - not enough, but what I could afford - just because I couldn't just TAKE the stuff. Gabe even argued about taking that. If the world was made up of more people like him, we wouldn't have the problems we've got. I can't say enough about the man.

On another note; If I had to do it again, I'd seriously invest in a good impact wrench and some good impact sockets. I'm still hurting in places I didn't know I'd *used* Saturday... A couple of those nuts/bolts fought me for every degree of turn coming off. It's not obvious in the video, but I befriended a four-foot length of pipe part way through the front-end :eek:rangehat:

And, awesome job on the video!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You are welcome and thank you for the kind words! I think it's time for you to update your signature on the forum though.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
i got dibs on phunkeydude for swop and video HA!HA!HA!
adammag might have something to say about that...:rofl:.

Well Gabe it is a shame what happened. I hope the future holds something brighter for you.

Crunchy, you are one lucky guy. Can't wait to see the results in person at JeepSkool.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
You mean Grand Wagoneer?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep it's a 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. 360 V-8, Torque Flight 727 3spd auto trans, Dana 44's front and rear, NP229 transfer case.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Yep it's a 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. 360 V-8, Torque Flight 727 3spd auto trans, Dana 44's front and rear, NP229 transfer case.
If you ever want to sell it, please let me know. I've always like the Grand Wagoneer but never owned one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts