Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was wondering if someone could help me, i was wanting to get the classic II's and dont know what size to get. I want 17" but idk what backspacing and offset and all that. I want my tires to stick out some from the fender flare

·
Registered
288 Posts
You could check out there site for wheel guide and catalog for wheel specs. of the classic II wheels. The only one they offer is (model # 379431) which has a back spacing of 4 1/2" and -12 offset in a 17 X 9 wheel. This is the wheel I currently have on mine. I really like the way they look, but the down fall that I ran into is rubbing. Do to the fact it is a wider rim and doesn't have the back spacing what superlift recommended etc. With a 2" lift i'm not sure what kind of rubbing, if any, you would be having. With the 4" lift and 33s I have had to bend or, well, remove a piece of the pinch weld and modify my inner fender well. Also I've noticed with the wider wheel and 4.5" back spacing when I turn on a slight incline my tire rubbs the fender flare trim piece. Kinda annoying pulling into a gas station and everyone looks at you because of the sound your vehicle is making when it hits a bump.
But again I don't know if you would have the same problems w/ a 2" lift, smaller tires and the same rim.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have the Mickey Thompson Sidebitters 17x9 with -12 offset and 4 1/2" backspacing with 265/65 tires. the only time i have rubbing is at full turn. i havn't noticed anything when i turn on inclines but i will be listening for it know.

Gulf550 thats one clean jeep you have. love it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks. I have to pay attention to my speed when I turn into parking lots, even my drive way it will rub. I more or less have to crawl just to prevent it from doing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts