Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I live in Adelaide Australia and had my commander for only about a week now and loving it.

But the only thing is when im driving its hard too see out the back window with the middle seat in the middle row up.. i was wondering instead of folding it down all the time if i can just take out the headrest? i had a look at it and it doesnt look like its got any clips for it too come out.. so is there any other way or anything?

Thanks.

James

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Interestingly enough, my 2007 does not have a headrest on the middle seat of the second row. Did the 2006's have one?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well its not that much of a "special feature" cos you cant see out the back window with the middle seat up which sucks!

I tried finding a latch but it doesn't appear to have one.. just thought that it would anoy other people and just wanted too get some ideas on what they did.

But oh well.. i still love my big black jeep!

·
Registered
527 Posts
jayt04 said:
Well its not that much of a "special feature" cos you cant see out the back window with the middle seat up which sucks!
I tried finding a latch but it doesn't appear to have one.. just thought that it would anoy other people and just wanted too get some ideas on what they did.
But oh well.. i still love my big black jeep!
If the headriest is adjustable, you should be able to pull it all the way up. WHen it reaches the top, press the button that you would have to press to lower it, but continue pulling the headrest up. This "should" allow it to come out. Otherwise, talk to the dealership 'shudder....................'

·
Registered
473 Posts
my '06 doesn't have one either.

·
Registered
476 Posts
US Versions do not have the 2nd row middle seat head rest.... why... only DCX knows

·
Registered
258 Posts
well, if the headrest folds over when the seat folds down, can you just lift the seat back up w/o lifting the headrest back up?
I do that with the third row sometimes.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The middle seat head rest doesn't fold down like the outside one when the seat is rolled forwards.

Nor does it appear to be adjustable or removeable!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
HemiCommander said:
US Versions do not have the 2nd row middle seat head rest.... why... only DCX knows

Most likely not required by US safety laws, but is required by Autralian safety laws. Same reason why SRT8s get full size spare tires in Kuwait, different laws.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts