Jeep Commander Forum banner

Whick weekend in August 2011 works best for you?

• 5th - 7th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12th - 14th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of year again my fellow Midwest XKers. Most of us voted to take a trip to the Badlands in August and we are just a few weeks away so let's start voting on the weekend works best. We'll schedule a two night trip from Friday to Sunday to allow those that can make it some days but not others (I can only make Friday evening and all day Saturday) with the bulk of the riding during the day Saturday. Everybody place your votes and please tell others who expressed interest previously.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Woohoo!! I thought this had died. I am in, but if it's that last weekend that would make things much easier. Look forward to meeting everyone!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I vote 19th -21. I'm having minor surgical procedure the 25th but it wouldn't stop me from coming out that weekend either. I could probably also make it out the second weekend. Maybe not till Saturday though.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump! Anybody else interested in joining us at the Badlands in August? I know L_PIKL is always down too.

·
Registered
139 Posts
We're in. I voted for the 19th-21st but could make the later weekend. The kiddies go back to school the 23rd. I would like to head out early Friday afternoon and wheel all day Saturday. We're looking forward to meeting everyone.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
OK, I think that would work for me. The crowd is getting bigger.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Awesome, for being a tad spare of the moment this might work. I have not been here, what is the arrangement for camping/hotels? If my fiance is coming we gotta have ac, if not ill sleep in the back

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome, for being a tad spare of the moment this might work. I have not been here, what is the arrangement for camping/hotels? If my fiance is coming we gotta have ac, if not ill sleep in the back
There is a campground just outside of the Badlands with spots for primitive camping and full blown RC camping with electrical and water hookups. There is a hotel/motel not too far if you guys prefer a much more comfty night (I don't blame you considering the lovely weather we're having now). In the past we have done the primitive camping with tents and we have pretty much stayed up late sitting around a camp fire kicking back some cold ones while telling tales from the trails, good times.

·
Registered
284 Posts
That is what I would like to do, the old lady on the other hand, not so much. If I can pawn my boxers off with friends we can hook up the parents aluminum twinki and pull that thing down.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
I'm going to try and make it. Been trying to get my jeep on some trails since I bought it. Don't think I can camp out but I can probably drive down early Sat and come back that night.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I guess I can do either one, I would just rather it be the last weekend. Are there enough trails to do two days, or is everyone getting in Friday, and heading out Sunday morning.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess I can do either one, I would just rather it be the last weekend. Are there enough trails to do two days, or is everyone getting in Friday, and heading out Sunday morning.
There are enough trails for one full day of wheeling but plenty of areas to play in to kill some time. I might show up late on Friday and set up camp then ride all day Saturday and come back home in the evening, I work Saturday nights otherwise I would stay for a second day of camping.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Right on, maybe I will do the same. One day on the trails would be a good time.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It would help to firm up a date. We will be needing to make hotel reservations and I'd like to get that done sooner than later.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since the most votes are for the weekend of August 26th is everyone else ok with that?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Good with it, looking forward to meeting everyone

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm fine with that weekend, I'd mostly just like to set a solid date cuz i've got some other pending events but this one takes priority so I want to know when I can schedule the other stuff.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey guys, sorry i haven't had time to follow up with this but I've been very busy with work and personal life and I actually won't be able to make it. :( Can someone else take the lead on this and continue with the plans? Maybe post a new thread inviting others to join. Sorry! Hope you guys have fun and take lots of pics and vids for me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts