Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2006 4.7 is just about to turn 90,000 and the only non maintenance items we've had to address are replacement of the battery and front sway bar bushings (the battery is not that unexpected).

The Commander has been outstanding, even more so considering it is a first model year vehicle. Quality is excellent and makes up for the terrible fuel mileage (yeah, I know: "why do you have a Commander if you want good fuel mileage?!") Towing the race car and hauling the lil ones around, of course. :eek:hyeah:

Anyway...

We're planning on keeping her awhile and running her up to 200k+ and this thread is for folks to post their current miles and what non maintenance type items you've had to replace. Just wondering what may be ahead when starting to get well into the 100k mileage domain.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
696 Posts
114,OOO this weekend!

·
Registered
389 Posts
121,500 on my 06 V6... not sure what maintenance was done on it before 116k. Didn't have specific records which is a bummer... but everything has been great so far and I haven't had to replace anything big!

Dealership put a new battery in when we bought it. Only thing that really needs fixed now is the climate control lights. The front end probably needs some work (hear some clunks when hitting bumps, etc.) but nothing too bad.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Got me beat but I put all but 10,000 on mine

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
91k original miles, original owner.

·
Registered
192 Posts
97,200 so far hoping for 200K+! only major problem i had was the steering rack and pinion, most likely caused by lift and sway bar hitting the inner tie rods....

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
56K, 2nd owner. No problems - where's the wood.:bash:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bought new 96k miles. hadn't done anything but change oil, brake pads, and tires.

Getting on the maintenance this week. One of the reasons why I upgraded to my Premium membership!

Thanks for all the help fellas!

·
Registered
555 Posts
62,000. Bought w 42k two years ago. Replaced all fluids and run Chevron Techron regularly. No serious probs. Drives/runs great.

·
Registered
532 Posts
60k km. just problems with the gear but nothing more until now. Mine is crd

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
405 Posts
Bought mine in 09 with 24k now has 56k still no problems only need to change sway bar bushings. Other than that just regular maintenance. Oh and one of my calipper bolts fell after a month of purchase not sure why, just bought a new one and no problems since. :icon7:

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Just rolled 100,000 miles yesterday on my way to work. Had to pull over to take a picture. I bought my XK brand new in 2007.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
No picture = didnt happen...lol

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Just rolled 100,000 miles yesterday on my way to work. Had to pull over to take a picture. I bought my XK brand new in 2007.

Very Cool!

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I haven't posted in a while. I bought my 2008 new in February 2008. I'll have 80,000 miles on my Jeep tomorrow. Most everything's been covered under warranty (water pump, transfer case issue, new radio, rear differential). The only items I've had to replace and pay for are tires, a second set of mopar floor mats because I wore a hole through the driver's mat, a new windshield thanks to construction on I-10, the cowl panel/cover because for some strange reason the installer cut the molding down while installing the windshield???, and the driver's seat lower cover that surrounds the seat adjustment controls (the plastic studs broke). I have nothing bad to say about the Commander. It still rides great, runs great, no squeaks, and the interior still looks new!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts