Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd have to have something like 72JG-06XK

72=year I was born, JG = initials, 06 = year of the Jeep, XK = no explanation needed!

And it's almost a 'throw away price' if it looks crap! $39 with free shipping!

·
2,248 Posts
I will let you know how it looks. I just ordered it in either olive drab or black.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I will let you know how it looks. I just ordered it in either olive drab or black.
I hope they look good. I have not put too many decals on mine, but I have several that I am holding on to for better weather.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I'd have to have something like 72JG-06XK

72=year I was born, JG = initials, 06 = year of the Jeep, XK = no explanation needed!

And it's almost a 'throw away price' if it looks crap! $39 with free shipping!
Let me talk to the guy that prints our decals and see what he could do.

What size are the letters and I will use your letters as an example.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These are the specs from one of the listings...

Stars - 10" tall, Hood ID Numbers - 2-1/2" tall x 18" wide (set of 2), Fuel for above fuel door - 1" tall x 4" wide, Willys w/ stars - 2-1/2" tall x 5" wide (set of 2). Squeegee applicator included!

I am thinking on an XK hood that a 10" star is going to look tiny!

·
Administrator
15,201 Posts
How about magnets instead of decals (stickers) ? Everybody could put them on when there is a trail run or get together.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
How about magnets instead of decals (stickers) ? Everybody could put them on when there is a trail run or get together.

thats a great idea jeep5253.

·
2,248 Posts
Here is the email I got from the military decal seller;

I can wait a few extra days for the olive shade of green. I am going to also post this on the Commander Forum so that they can follow this thread.

Thanks

Bill

In a message dated 1/20/2009 8:21:07 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

Sweet.. I apprecate the word.. I do not have an olive color in stock.. But I can order.. It would take about 4 days longer to arrive.. I do have the gloss black in stock.. Something else that may look good is the Dark Metallic Charcoal that we have.. I also ran out of that it would be a couple extra days as well.. Thank you for your order.. Please let me know on the color..
Chris
Auto Appearance Pro's

Jan 20, 2009 07:06:21 PM, [email protected] wrote:

There are several of us on Jeepcommander.com that are looking at these decals. Most of us want them to be a little subtle, not white on black for instance. I ordered a set to put on my Commander and will post it for the other guys to see prior to them ordering. I would like to use olive drab over my Jeep green factory color to keep is from jumping out at you. If you cannot do olive drab then we will see how black works. Here is the post on our forum.

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7720

Thanks,

Bill Waugh

·
Registered
527 Posts
I've already got my military decals :eyemouth:

screameagle.jpg

reflective-american-flag.jpg

·
Registered
444 Posts
I think it could look pretty cool, but all those decal sizes will be too small. When it comes to the pics of the Wrangler with them, obviously they were layed on using a computer program, and if you put 10" starts on a JK they would still be too small. If you look at the measurements, all the decals would look like they were sized for a Jeep Compass. You'd almost want to take all the decals and multiply all sizes by 1.5" for the lettering, and multiply by 2" for the stars.

Interesting to see how it all look when it's done. Good luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you want to decal up your Jeep, it might be worth it to check out a local printing and graphics business to see if they can custom something for you.

Or, just do it the way the military does it, and get stencils.

·
2,248 Posts
update on the decals:

New email and my reply:

This is the color of my Jeep. Something a few shades lighter or darker would work. Maybe black would be better if you have trouble with the shade of green.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/HueyPilotVN/003-12.jpg

In a message dated 1/21/2009 2:23:23 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, [email protected] writes:
Wow.. I really can't find anything like olive green on my suppliers list.. We got forst green ,dark forest green, leaf green, grass green, mint green , lime tree green.. kelly green, med. green.. ?

·
2,248 Posts
I has orders for the 101st when I first got incountry. They ended up sending me south to the Delta. Two of my three room mates thru flight school died within 2 weeks of getting to the 101st. Back in July of 1969.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts