Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I clipped the side of a city bus yesterday morning with my passenger mirror. Very narrow city street but still a total bozo move, I thought had plenty of space and then I hear WHAK!:eek: So the housing and motor are good, not even a scratch actually. The mirror glass has spider web cracks so it needs to be replaced. Just wondering if anyone here has replaced it yet and how does it come off and where is a good place to buy the glass. Thanks in advance.:)

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
i saw something at meijer lastnight for replacing broken glass........i will try to go by and find it again. i did something similar a few years back, i clipped an orange barrel...the glass was glued in. i pulled the pieces out and traced the frame on wax paper then took it to a mirror/glass shop.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
cico7 said:
look on lkq they have mirrors for grand cherokee.....might fit....
Grand Cherokee mirror will not fit. Also different style.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've looked all over the net with no luck. I'm just going to go to the dealer and buy the glass. I'll post a DIY with pics after it is changed.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The wife clipped a mailbox and we had to replace the glass. We have the defrosters so we went through the dealer for ~$60. The glass just clips out of the holder. Pull hard enough on the glass and it'll clip right off. Of course, it then hangs by a wire if it has the defroster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts